PDA

View Full Version : My stomach is a nightmare...uggh.

lofwyr
10-06-18, 16:10
I am should preface this by saying I have not yet gone to the doctor. But lately, for about the last week, my stomach has been a total mess. Every time it is empty, I feel nauseous and gurgley, if that makes sense. I burp a lot, and generally feel crappy. Pepto bismal settles it pretty well, but it always comes back.

I was not, at least consciously, anxious about anything. Now, in the back of my mind, I have a few notions "what if it is something serious?" Since I was diagnosed about a year ago with something actually serious, that condition hasn't bothered me much at all. But when these other symptoms come calling--and I know this one is almost certainly anxiety in spite of me not feeling anxious--it raises my alarm bells a little quicker than before. I guess finding out I am not in fact immortal made me question all the little symptoms more rigorously than I used to.

So my question is, how have you guys settled an anxious stomach? Any tricks? I am already on enough drugs for my other issue, I would love to avoid omezperal etc, if I can.

I will eventually go to the doctor, not because I am assuming stomach cancer (though you know, the "what ifs" live there to be sure) but because I cannot stand feeling nauseous every three hours or so. I have such a huge pain tolerance, but nauseousness and an upset stomach shut me down so hard, I am such a wimp.

Thanks for letting me vent, would love to hear from other stomach sufferers and learn anything you used to get past this.

nomorepanic
10-06-18, 16:26
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

kath138
10-06-18, 20:05
I am should preface this by saying I have not yet gone to the doctor. But lately, for about the last week, my stomach has been a total mess. Every time it is empty, I feel nauseous and gurgley, if that makes sense. I burp a lot, and generally feel crappy. Pepto bismal settles it pretty well, but it always comes back.

I was not, at least consciously, anxious about anything. Now, in the back of my mind, I have a few notions "what if it is something serious?" Since I was diagnosed about a year ago with something actually serious, that condition hasn't bothered me much at all. But when these other symptoms come calling--and I know this one is almost certainly anxiety in spite of me not feeling anxious--it raises my alarm bells a little quicker than before. I guess finding out I am not in fact immortal made me question all the little symptoms more rigorously than I used to.

So my question is, how have you guys settled an anxious stomach? Any tricks? I am already on enough drugs for my other issue, I would love to avoid omezperal etc, if I can.

I will eventually go to the doctor, not because I am assuming stomach cancer (though you know, the "what ifs" live there to be sure) but because I cannot stand feeling nauseous every three hours or so. I have such a huge pain tolerance, but nauseousness and an upset stomach shut me down so hard, I am such a wimp.

Thanks for letting me vent, would love to hear from other stomach sufferers and learn anything you used to get past this.

Hi, I am a stomach sufferer with anxiety. My solution although will help you it is not a permanent one. But give it a go until you see your doctor.
One tablespoon of Unfiltered Apple Cyder Vinegar with Mother, a teaspoon of honey and a little cold water and swallow, be brave. Rinse your mouth well as the acid can damage your teeth but for short term it certainly works for me. Hope you soon feel better. :bighug1:

lofwyr
11-06-18, 02:13
Thanks for that, I will absolutely give it a go!

epitaxial
12-06-18, 06:04
I've found Ginger Root [500mg capsules] and/or Pepto Bismol to be beneficial in helping to settle things down.

texia
12-06-18, 08:19
Hey there.

Stomach problems are the main manisfestation of my anxiety. So I know how you feel and empathize truly!

Things that I find help me is ginger (tea, ginger beer or crystallized), Tums, and peppermint tea. Although if you have acid reflux, be careful with the peppermint tea as it could aggravate it a little bit.

I also find pleasant scents to help me out if I know the stomach discomfort is definitely caused by anxiety. My favourite is Lavender!

Hope you feel less sick soon :hugs: