PDA

View Full Version : new member

vegemiter
20-12-04, 03:16
Just thought I would let you now about myself. I was first diagnosed with Panic/ Anxiety disorder 10 years ago. I have had three bad episodes in that time and some periods without any trouble in between. On the two previous occasions I was treated with Prozac and Valium and GBT. The most recent episode has been in full force for the last 7 months. I was initially treated with Lovan and Valium and to my horror I was unable to tolerate the Lovan and have now been taking Valium for 7 months, (something else to worry about). I see a pyshologist weekly for continued GBT and have for the last two years. I would love to take a magic pill and have it all get better. I was promised by my psychiatrist 5 months ago I would be better in 6 weeks. Now I am terrified of medication and battle on without it.

Karen
20-12-04, 07:42
Hi Vegemiter

Welcome to the site. Sorry to hear you have been struggling with panic and anxiety for so long.

You will get a lot of help and support here.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

jill
20-12-04, 12:44
Hi Vegemiter,

Welcome to the site,

Sad:( to that you have been suffering for so long.
There are lots of nice people here who will give you
help and support.
Remember you are not alone.

TAKE CARE

JILLXX

All problems have a begining and an end!

BlondeAndi
20-12-04, 13:52
Hello Vegemiter,

welcome from another newby:)

So sorry to hear your story:( It must be unbearable for you. I hope you find some good support here from like minded souls. What's GBT by the way?

take good care, wishing you well

Blonde Andi xx

vernon
20-12-04, 14:42
Hi. Welcome to the site as said i am sure u will get lots of help here. Cant they change your meds around a bit becouse not all meds work on the same people. anyway take care. Vernon

Meg
20-12-04, 18:29
Hi Vegemiter,

What set off each of the episodes of panic ?
What part of the anxiety and panic were you struggling with that you went onto regular valium and how much are you taking ?
Do you mean CBT ?

You can get over this .....

Let us know what we can do to help you.

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

FAN
20-12-04, 18:40
hi welcome i hope you find some answers on the site, i know i have

fan x

nomorepanic
20-12-04, 20:01
Hi Vege

Welcome aboard and I hope we can be of some help.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Nicola

seh1980
20-12-04, 22:51
Just wanted to say welcome to the site!! I'm sure you will receive loads of support here.

Sarah :D