PDA

View Full Version : Missed dose!

RHUBARB57
10-06-18, 20:34
Hi, I forgot to take my ven last night. I take 75mg XR every 12 hours as I metabolize too fast to go 24 hours! I should have taken the dose at 10pm but woke in the night at 4:30am and realised I'd forgotten. I've had brain zaps all day, I took my other 75mg at 4pm and still have brain zaps! I know its just because of the delay in taking the dose but I've had to take sone diazepam as I can feel myself getting anxious over the worry of the zaps lol. I thought they'd stop by mid morning/lunchtime today. Anyone else have such immediate effects when missing a dose?

---------- Post added at 20:34 ---------- Previous post was at 19:29 ----------

I'm now questioning whether I even took one at 4:30 am lol

Dewm
12-07-18, 21:15
Hello!

It is very common to see unwanted side effects when you miss a dose by even just as little as 3 hours with Venlafaxine. It's side effects / withdrawl effects are VERY strong! Though worry not, after some time (usually a day or two) things will go back to normal. From my understanding, it could help to also injest more salt-rich foods balanced by water to help deal with some of the side effects? I think that could be a myth, but I will mention it anyways just in case it has some base in reality. Salt + Water is the mixture for hydration either way so it won't be harmful. Important thing is to stay away from stimulants like caffeine for a little bit to make sure your anxiety doesn't get out of hand, and to keep as calm as possible.

I hope you are doing well! Things will be fine soon, it's just getting slightly out of routine is quite punishing with venlafaxine.

Edit: One small thing that I like to do to make sure I have taken my dose is to fluctuate between having my pill bottle upside down or upright. I suggest having a calendar if you can remember to write it down, or are not as lazy as me; but this is a small little change that is easier to implement into the every day and could help.

If you think you have missed a dose, but are on the fence do not take an additional pill until it is closer to the time you'd take another dose. Even if you are pretty sure you have missed it, in the slight off chance you did take it you DO NOT want to double your dose. With how venlafaxine is, it's safer to delay a dose than to take another thinking you have missed your original dose. Stay safe!