PDA

View Full Version : Hard lump on tailbone!!!!!!!

katniss
10-06-18, 22:27
Oh my God!!!

I feel a hard lump on the left side of my tailbone. It feels like a bone! WHAT is this? I am absolutely freaking out and panicking with fear. Two days ago we got our backyard done so I sat out in a hard chair watching the kids play. I sat for at least a couple hours at a time. I felt some pain in my tailbone that night. I still had a little pain when sitting yesterday so I went ahead and felt where it was coming from and I have a tender hard lump there :(

Has anyone had this? I am desperate for some reassurance. So far the only reassurance I have is that there is a kind of cancer that can grow there but it’s really rare. Apparently 1 in a million. But I still can’t stop thinking of the worst possible causes. Please help

---------- Post added at 21:27 ---------- Previous post was at 21:27 ----------

Also, my tailbone hurts to the touch

Fishmanpa
10-06-18, 22:34
Two days ago we got our backyard done so I sat out in a hard chair watching the kids play. I sat for at least a couple hours at a time. I felt some pain in my tailbone that night. I still had a little pain when sitting yesterday so I went ahead and felt where it was coming from and I have a tender hard lump there :(

You sat a hard bench and bruised your rear end... that's it... it happens :shrug: Take some OTC pain meds it it hurts, ice it to reduce swelling and let it heal. I recommend a cushion though for sitting though :winks:

Postive thoughts

katniss
10-06-18, 23:40
Thank you for replying - I hope you’re right!

Would that cause a separate hard lump though?

Fishmanpa
11-06-18, 00:18
Thank you for replying - I hope you’re right!

Would that cause a separate hard lump though?

Muscle knot.

Positive thoughts

katniss
11-06-18, 14:35
Has no one had experience with this? It freaks me out even more that no one here has said they have had something similar

Bigboyuk
11-06-18, 15:01
There is nothing wrong with you :) Like FMP says it probably caused by sitting on a hard chair for 2 hrs. What I will say this is your HA convincing you (and probably Dr Google. Am I right you Google?) that it's something serious when it isn't what I would say get your HA looked in to and treat that, this is the cause and nothing else. ATB

Anxiousamyj
11-06-18, 16:40
My tailbone has been sore for almost 6 months. Had an x Ray which showed no abnormalities. My tailbone feels really bony, so not really sure if it's a problem or if it's a result of some yoga or exercise I've done. I freak out about it on the inside almost daily. Docs have checked me 3 times and looked at me like I had 3 heads when I asked about the possibility of it being cancer. What I've been told is that it will heal in time, but it might take awhile.

Leslie735
11-06-18, 17:31
Not the same thing but maybe it can help. I have a small pea sized lump below my ankle, its hard like bone, had it for a few years. I finally had it Xrayed back in October and its a calcium buildup from past injury the Dr. said. I don't recall hurting my ankle but who knows? Maybe its the same with your tailbone.

Bigboyuk
11-06-18, 17:35
Your dr knows these things you have had tests done which confirms that it's NOT cancer start believing it and start to get help for your HA it's the only way forward! ATB

katniss
11-06-18, 18:59
Thank you for your reassurances guys. It does help! I’m guessing more ppl may have this but they don’t diligently feel their tailbone’s either. Lol.

katniss
12-06-18, 21:56
Hello friends,

Thought I would update - I personally hate reading threads with no updates. So hopefully this will help someone who may be in a similar situation.

I got my back checked out by a friend who is a chiropractor. She said that because my posture is so poor and I’ve had two back to back pregnancies my spine has become misaligned. So what I was feeling as a lump was actually my sacral bone. I couldn’t feel it’s partner bone because it was lower (misaligned spine). I feel pretty silly for freaking out, like always. But I hope this helps someone in a similar situation

Anxiousamyj
13-06-18, 02:10
Thanks for updating, I’m ironically going to a chiropractor tomorrow as well. Glad you got positive news.