PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone

Abe10
11-06-18, 15:18
Hi. I've just signed up and thought I would introduce myself.
I'm Amy and I'm 28 from the UK. I've suffered from depression and anxiety for the 16 years.
Like most people who suffer I have good days and bad days. Growing up I had mainly good days Andy just had the occasional 'wobble'. As I've got older and the more therapy I have, I find it harder and harder to control. I've experienced some traumatic experiences in my life which have been the main cause of my depression. Luckily I have spent a lot of time dealing with these issues and my depression is currently manageable.
The anxiety is where my problem is. I find myself becoming anxious when completing simple tasks. Situations that would never normally have bothered me. It's now at the point where the only time I leave my house is when I go to work and even that is now becoming an issue.
During my panic attacks I get myself so worked up that usually I'm sick and sometimes I faint. These symptoms only add to the anxiety. 'What if I'm sick on the train.' 'How stupid am I going to look if I faint in the middle of town'
I don't really have many people I can talk to about my anxiety as my friends and family have never experienced it. And honestly I hope they never do.
I'm glad I have found somewhere for me to put my thoughts down.
Hope everyone is having a lovely day xx

venusbluejeans
11-06-18, 15:28
Hiya Abe10 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: