PDA

View Full Version : I just ate some moldy raspberries

Jotia
11-06-18, 19:21
I just had some yogurt and raspberries, I checked the used by date and it was today so I figured they would be fine. I was eating them and suddenly noticed a moldy taste so I went back into the kitchen and checked the others in the fridge and noticed some of them had mold growing on them. I ate about 6 but I only noticed one tasting moldy. Now I'm scared I have eaten a load of mold and it's going to make me sick.

AMomentofClarity
11-06-18, 19:42
You’ll be fine. Gross? Yes. Dangerous? No.

ThroatGoat
11-06-18, 19:52
You won't get strep throat today then! :D

(Penicillin joke).

lofwyr
11-06-18, 20:09
I scrape mold off raspberries and eat around it. Without eating mold we wouldn't have cheese. You are good!

MyNameIsTerry
12-06-18, 04:54
I've eaten moldy stuff before until I realised. Nothing happened.

I too scrape off moldy sections of cheese & fruits. Never had a problem.

Use By dates are only a guide in reality. They still advise the look, smell, taste testing as sometimes conditions can make foods go off earlier. Most foods can still be eaten after these dates (with the exception of shellfish I seem to recall) as long as it passes these tests (I frequently eat out of date cheese, yoghurt that's weeks out of date).

We waste so much following these dates.

TikPandora
12-06-18, 07:25
I find that grapes that have a bit of mold on them are the sweetest ones. I mean, I don't go actively searching for them...but it's something I noticed.

Mold that grows on food is a lot different than the kind of mold that grows in house and makes people sick. Don't worry about it too much, you'll be fine. Just avoid any more moldy raspberries for the sake of your anxiety. :)