PDA

View Full Version : What is going on?

letsbeat
11-06-18, 19:48
Hi, 21m, 184cm, 82kg

TWO WEEKS AGO:

So 1 hour or so before going to bed, some of my fingers on my left hand was tingling/pins and needles. I couldn't sleep because it irritated me. I tried to fall asleep for 1 hour and then I got a headache and I starting shaking like crazy all over my body for 5-7 minutes, first time happening ever. When i calmed down, I went to the hospital so they could check me. blood pressure was fine, heart rate etc etc.

The next two days, I felt like i had trouble breathing, like short of breath, they listened to my lungs and checked oxygen level etc, everything was fine once again.

After that symptom was gone the next: I had chest pain on my left side. It felt as my chest/heart was tightening, I went to the doctors again, they did an ECG test and bloodwork, everything once again was normal and seemed good.

left side chest pain is now gone, and now my both my hands feels sore, weak and stiff CONSTANTLY, it isn't really stiff when you look at it, but when i try to spread my fingers it FEELS less "elastic". And I still have full strenght, but they just feel weird. Especially when I wake up, they feel so weak and stiff..

I've had these shakeattacks once in a while since that day, i'm getting worried about my health, my neck gets stiff when i get those shake/panic attacks and my legs and upper body is shaking like crazy, muscle tremors.

My left hand still feels stiff, almost at constant times. My legs feels like jelly legs, they're strong but it feels like they'll drop whenever.

When standing and sitting normally my LEFT BACK SIDE of my head aches. and is there almost constant throughout the day.

I've haven't been myself since that first day of the attack.:huh:

nomorepanic
11-06-18, 19:56
So what was the diagnosis from hospital and your doctor?

lofwyr
11-06-18, 20:11
I am no doctor, but literally everything you describe I have had as a direct result of anxiety

letsbeat
11-06-18, 22:01
So what was the diagnosis from hospital and your doctor?

Good bloodwork, good ECG test, good oxygen level. Both says it might be anxiety, as I've griefed a bit after my father's death 3 weeks ago. I was over it though, and I didn't think of my father or something when it all happened, it might be my subconscious know I don't know.
But I've never been scared my life and never been to the doctors as much as I've been last two weeks.

---------- Post added at 21:01 ---------- Previous post was at 20:59 ----------

I am no doctor, but literally everything you describe I have had as a direct result of anxiety

Are you serious? Such a relief when you're not alone
I got shortness of breath right now, and my hands feel somehow nirmal.. this is much worse:wacko:

Fishmanpa
11-06-18, 22:08
Very sorry to hear about your father. The loss of a loved one is traumatic and how one grieves can manifest itself different ways. I was in the middle of a health crisis with my wife when my mother passed. It was months before it really hit me. It's apparent this is causing you anxiety in general.

I don't doubt you're having some physical symptoms but it's apparent you're hyper-focusing on every little niggle too. Your doctors are correct, it does sound like anxiety and since medical tests and two doctors have checked, it's even more likely the cause.

I would look into some therapy to help you sort through things.

Positive thoughts

letsbeat
12-06-18, 08:11
Very sorry to hear about your father. The loss of a loved one is traumatic and how one grieves can manifest itself different ways. I was in the middle of a health crisis with my wife when my mother passed. It was months before it really hit me. It's apparent this is causing you anxiety in general.

I don't doubt you're having some physical symptoms but it's apparent you're hyper-focusing on every little niggle too. Your doctors are correct, it does sound like anxiety and since medical tests and two doctors have checked, it's even more likely the cause.

I would look into some therapy to help you sort through things.

Positive thoughts

Thanks! Yeah I might be hyper-focusing on things!

fidgetninja
12-06-18, 11:42
I'm so sorry to hear about your father. You've been through a lot recently, and this is absolutely anxiety manifesting itself physically. I've had almost identical physical scenarios, been checked out at the emergency room, and have been completely fine. I used to think you could only have a "panic attack" or "anxiety attack" when you were actively feeling anxious. Not necessarily the case. Sometimes during prolonged periods of stress they'd sneak up on me. It sounds like this is the case here, and now that it's happened, you're focusing on it.

You'll be okay. :)