PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone use CBD?

dancerja77
12-06-18, 00:53
My boyfriend recently started smoking CBD. He used to be an Avid weed smoker in high school but quit due to panic attacks. He told me that he thinks CBD would be great for me, because I suffer from obsessions, mood disorders and anxiety. I really do want to try it. The issue is, I am a teacher. I feel like if I smoke, or eat CBD (even if its not in the same day) that it will be in my system and I won't be fit to take care of them. I know the effects only last hours, but I have it in my head that if I use it, and go to work the next day, I'm still under an influence, and I will be putting them in danger. Is this just me being paranoid? Is this crazy? I really want to try it, but my OCD is getting in my way again.

MyNameIsTerry
12-06-18, 04:48
If your anxiety is "what if"-ing about you not being in control of your actions which may lead to harming children, that's about your existing fears and does not reflect the reality of this scenario at all since CBD oil is nothing like smoking cannabis. It's the THC in cannabis that gives it it's effect.

Check any local laws on CBD first but over here it's no more than a herbal supplement.

There may still be some stigma about it since it gets conflated with cannabis with it being so new but that ignorance will change.

Fishmanpa
18-10-20, 14:40
My wife and I use CBD capsule for pain relief. For my wife especially, they've really helped. I personally find the "chill factor" as I call it, beneficial as well. Its not a "high" at all. Just a general relaxed feeling along with the pain relief.

As was stated, your concern is unwarranted.

Positive thoughts

Kuraimoar
21-10-20, 18:17
I use gummies when I am actively having a panic attack and it helps calm me down. I didn't notice it help as much when I used it every day though. Its definitely worth a try.

NoraB
01-11-20, 06:43
My wife and I use CBD capsule for pain relief. For my wife especially, they've really helped.

What strength do you and Mrs Fish take?

I've taken this for anxiety (a few years ago) but I'm wondering if it might help with my abdo pain while the peeps in white coats try and work out what's causing it because none of my painkillers work.

This stuff aint cheap, so I'm researching before I purchase anymore. :yesyes:

Lolalee1
01-11-20, 07:25
I take CBD oil 40mg a dose.My doc said last week that because I have lost wait I should lower the dose I told him that it ain’t effing happening :Dif anything up it I told him.

NoraB
01-11-20, 07:29
I take CBD oil 40mg a dose.My doc said last week that because I have lost wait I should lower the dose I told him that it ain’t effing happening :Dif anything up it I told him.

I need to get on top of this pain. 7 weeks now. Getting desperate, not to mention, cranky! :scared15:

Lolalee1
01-11-20, 08:04
That is a long time Nora being in pain does make one cranky,I know with chronic pain pain meds didn’t help me,just gave me constipation or the runs.
I take it for depression and TB and it really helps,I hope you can get your hands on some soon xx

NoraB
01-11-20, 08:08
That is a long time Nora being in pain does make one cranky,I know with chronic pain pain meds didn’t help me,just gave me constipation or the runs.
I take it for depression and TB and it really helps,I hope you can get your hands on some soon xx

I'm always in some level in pain (fibromyalgia) but the good drugs and my heat pad usually helps. This buggering pain isn't going anywhere and it's doing my nut in!

Going to the shops today (while I still can) to get some CBD oil. Then it's an afternoon of Ashes to Ashes and Complan. :yesyes: X

pulisa
01-11-20, 08:23
Have you tried a TENS machine, Nora?

Lolalee1
01-11-20, 08:27
Is that Bowie you speak of Nora? Or sumfing else:D
I went into town and got my supply this morning,it’s been bloody hot here today and no one to complain to:mad:
I need a pet preferably a bloke :yesyes:and speaking of good drugs Mullumbimby Madness is great :winks:(weed)

NoraB
01-11-20, 08:38

No. To be honest I'm up for trying anything!:weep:

NoraB
01-11-20, 08:46
Is that Bowie you speak of Nora? Or sumfing else:D

It's the series Ashes to Ashes which takes its name from the Bowie song.:D

I went into town and got my supply this morning,it’s been bloody hot here today and no one to complain to:mad:

Not hot here. Cold and raining. Typical Manchester weather. :whistles:

pulisa
01-11-20, 11:08
The Med-Fit 1 Dual Channel one on Amazon is the one my pain management doctor recommended..£25.

Fishmanpa
01-11-20, 12:40
What strength do you and Mrs Fish take?

The bottle says 10mg CBD per capsule. We pay around $100 for 200 capsules.

Positive thoughts

MyNameIsTerry
01-11-20, 12:54

I got one ages ago to help my dad's sciatica. In the 'don't dos' section it said don't attach to genitals :ohmy::blush: so someone must have tried it :roflmao:

Hope you feel better soon, Nora. On going pain is such a nag and makes anyone cranky.

NoraB
02-11-20, 07:51
The bottle says 10mg CBD per capsule. We pay around $100 for 200 capsules.

Positive thoughts

Cheers. I went with the oil, rather than caps. (my insides are iffy with caps)

NoraB
02-11-20, 07:57
In the 'don't dos' section it said don't attach to genitals :ohmy::blush: so someone must have tried it :roflmao:

I bet that was an interesting convo in the hospital staff canteen lol

Hope you feel better soon, Nora. On going pain is such a nag and makes anyone cranky.

Thanks Terry. I'm down to existing on Complan, soup and CBD oil and my colon was still doing the hokey-cokey at 3am this morning so crankiness is 9/10. :scared15:

ShiveringWhippet
07-11-20, 01:00
My boyfriend recently started smoking CBD. He used to be an Avid weed smoker in high school but quit due to panic attacks. He told me that he thinks CBD would be great for me, because I suffer from obsessions, mood disorders and anxiety. I really do want to try it. The issue is, I am a teacher. I feel like if I smoke, or eat CBD (even if its not in the same day) that it will be in my system and I won't be fit to take care of them. I know the effects only last hours, but I have it in my head that if I use it, and go to work the next day, I'm still under an influence, and I will be putting them in danger. Is this just me being paranoid? Is this crazy? I really want to try it, but my OCD is getting in my way again.

I am in a similar position as your BF, except I suspect I am a bit older. I find CBD moderately anxiolytic (broadly in line with some of the research I have read), the relaxation does increase if I vape more (or stronger - e.g. concentrates/extracts) but it's relatively short-lived and non-intrusive, very much not at all like being stoned on THC or sedating like diazepam. Immediately after vaping dry CBD flowers or hash, l feel a warmth about the cheeks and a slightly noticeable hmmm something... not a buzz but something.. this shifts into a focussed relaxed state for a couple of hours. I haven't noticed any lingering effects beyond that time period.

Oil taken sublingually are the most popular and least 'stoner' method of ingesting CBD but I haven't tried it, I like that I can get the right amount when I want it with vaping. Not a problem when I'm working from home but slightly more challenging for someone working in an office, so a few drops of oil under the tongue would be better for that. There's a lot of crappy/fake oil out there that's mostly just oil and not very much CBD (if any) though, so that's something to be aware of.

Overall, I'd say it's a useful tool but not a silver bullet for me at least. I haven't tried REALLY high doses though, maybe I will the next time I feel really panicky.

I would say that you would be just as responsible even if you were still under the influence, so giving it a go on a Friday would be fine. At least then it wouldn't be an unknown for you.

I'd suggest on health grounds to avoid smoking though just because vaping tastes better and is less harmful :)

wubu
23-11-20, 17:00
I vape between 50-200mg (full spectrum)

50mg - Seemed ok for mild aches and to make me a little more sleepy. Didnt notice much anti-anxiety effects.

200mg - nearly all aches went, really sleepy and chilled, though Depends how much I vaped and effects are short lived (2hrs approx).

15 & 20% CBD Flower @ 0.3mg (from what I can remember) - Kicked in as quick as vaping but made me feel super drowsy and very much like I was hugging a cloud, a little tingly and red faced, a little spacy. I had to double check I wasn't stoned (I wasn't lol)

Also vaping/smoking will give you almost instant effects so start low if you vape it. Also, do not use CBD OIL to vape, use only eliquid from vape shops.

Lastly, does anyone vape or smoke CBD that also uses Sertraline or similar and noticed any side effects?

ShiveringWhippet
30-11-20, 14:25
I vape between 50-200mg (full spectrum)

50mg - Seemed ok for mild aches and to make me a little more sleepy. Didnt notice much anti-anxiety effects.

200mg - nearly all aches went, really sleepy and chilled, though Depends how much I vaped and effects are short lived (2hrs approx).

15 & 20% CBD Flower @ 0.3mg (from what I can remember) - Kicked in as quick as vaping but made me feel super drowsy and very much like I was hugging a cloud, a little tingly and red faced, a little spacy. I had to double check I wasn't stoned (I wasn't lol)

Also vaping/smoking will give you almost instant effects so start low if you vape it. Also, do not use CBD OIL to vape, use only eliquid from vape shops.

Lastly, does anyone vape or smoke CBD that also uses Sertraline or similar and noticed any side effects?

Good advice there about the oils!

In answer to you last question, not yet but I've just been prescribed Sertraline today so I will let you know in a few weeks!