PDA

View Full Version : dreams

happyone
26-07-07, 13:41
I thought I would post this for a bit of fun really.
Do people get dreams that they think are related to their anx? I do and some are crackers!
So does anyone have any crazy dreams that we can share, or in our unskilled way we can try to interpret for ourself or others?

I will start.
I dreamt that I was taking my oldest daughter to school and was naked save for a duvet cover! I wanted to get home as quickly as possible but my youngest daughter kept on running away from me and mothers kept on talking to me and all I could think of was 'can't they see I am naked?':blush:
My interpretation of this is...... one of the mothers whom I know in the playground is a pharmacist and I never take my prescription to the chemist on the days she is working, but recently I took my anti biotic prescription to her but didn't realise until later that she would have seen the details of my other drugs!:ohmy: this makes me feel very vulnerable as i am quite sevcretive about my mental health probs.

Anyone else?????????????:wacko:

happyone
xx

Paddington
26-07-07, 14:20
i think this is a fab idea happy one:yesyes: i believe you are right hun..being naked is a dream is very common and is a sense of our vunerability coming out in our dreams ..i had a corker kast night i put it on Karens thread to reassure her buti guess i can repeat it here too:) ..welli was in a chemist[local]andwith my ex best friend..another ex-friend was choosing outfits for us for a posh party..we had to wear tights:ohmy: she chose some and then seemed to just disappear..then my ex best friend started to moan that my tights were better than hers ,so i offered them to her ..she said..'oh come on those are too big for me..they are a 55 inch hip and i am only 38inches'...i was upset and felt belittled[she was good at that] any hoo..i arrive in a vile silver dress:ohmy: to be met by my ex best friend wearing cords and a shirt...'i asked if i could wear jeans and they said no',i said to her..these are not jeans they are cords she said and swaggered off smirking..then the other ex friend turns up wearing jeans and shirt:ohmy: ..now for the bit that surprises me......my ex best friend was lying on the carpet with her backto me..and i took a running kick..in slow motion too..and kicked her sooo hard up her backside:ohmy: :ohmy: it all kinda fades after that ..she was moaning about the tights and the fact i had kicked her..i was very distressed when i wokeup..so guys any clue what that was all a bout:shrug:Love Paddie.xxxxxxxxx

happyone
26-07-07, 14:49
OOh paddie!

it sounds to me like your ex friends have left some anger in you for how they made you feel. You said one of them was good at making you feel bad? Sounds to me like the kick in the jacksy was her getting what she is overdue!
It also sounds like you put yourself down but use other people as a yardstick by which to measure yourself against. In your dream you pick two people who even the thought of, make syou feel in some way inferior or bad.

Well, I think it is your dream telling you that they are ex friends for a reason! they have shown themselves up as the ugly sisters ie pretty on the outside but ugly inside! And the kick in the jacksy.....well....that is just class honey...class! Wish I had been there!

Using them as a yardstick is like using a 35inch ruler! It don't work!

happyone
xx

Gordon
26-07-07, 15:43
I've often wondered what dreams mean and I've had some very vivid ones that felt like I was actually living them.

The latest one was two nights ago. I was in Philadelphia in the USA and I had arranged to meet my friend for drinks but I'd lost his address and he wasn't answering his phone and I started panicking as I was all alone in a city that I didn't know. I then decided to go for something to eat and then try calling again in 30 minutes or so. I walked down the street a little and found a diner and bought a cheesesteak, the local delicacy there. Two minutes later I got a tap on my shoulder and my friend said "Hey Gordy, I KNEW I'd find you in here"!

Now here's the strange thing, I know someone from Philly on the music forums that I frequent AND my fondness for food is quite legendary lol.

But I don't know him that well and I can't afford the air fare at the moment. Does this mean that I'm going to be visiting Philadelphia one day?

Gordon XX

happyone
26-07-07, 17:04
I am not convinced of dreams having true prophetic value.

I think they can become prophetic if we let them. So maybe your dream is about a desire to travel? A desire to get to know someone that you know a little, a bit better?
Now, you could on the strength of this dream find yourself getting to know this person a bit better then one day going to Philadelphia! that doesn'y make the dream prophetic, it means you will have made it happen.

I once dreamt of a terrible flood and on the news the following day was the tsunami. I don't think my dream was prohetic, I just think the signals in the dream came back to me when I heard the news, otherwise I would have forgotten it forever.

On the other hand, I do believe I have experienced a warning/premonition about something that was to happen whilst sleeping, this however wasn't a dream, it was a physical feeling that woke me from sleep.

Your dream sounds to me like a dream that you would like to be reality....so save up for that air fare!

happyone
xx

Gordon
26-07-07, 17:23
Yes, I've always wanted to go to the USA, but I had NYC in mind!!

Gordon XX

EebyJeeby
26-07-07, 17:48
I always dream vivdly at night and sometimes have lucid dreaming.

My own personal anxiety dream is my "kitten" dream. It comes in many guises but an example would be where there's an open box of kittens (between 5 and 7 of them) and it is somewhere dangerous, in this case a multi-storey car park.

I spend the entire dream gathering up wandering kittens, only to return to find the others tottering off in all directions into the road or under parked vehicles. It goes on for ages and is really frustrating.

It's to do with control and responsibility. When I have a lot on and I'm trying to do everything right or keep everyone happy, I get this dream in one form or other. The reality is that it's not my box and they're not my kittens, but I can't help getting involved, assuming responsibility and trying to control them.

Worse still that they are kitties - I mean I have no choice - they're so cute and innocent...

However, the dream is useful now as it acts as a warning that I'm doing (or trying to do) too much.

Eeb xx

Piglet
26-07-07, 19:47
Very similiar scenario for me too Eebs - my dreams are always ones of me trying to protect my kids in impossible circumstances and I wake up knackered!!

Love Piglet :flowers:

Lindalou64
26-07-07, 20:59
I Dont Dream Or I Block Them Out Or I Just Forget....i Use Too..........odd One .........lol........linda X

happyone
26-07-07, 22:12
we all dream linda! some of us remember, some of us don't. Those of us who are more likely to waken in REM stage will remember more I think. I have had vivid dreams all my life, but I put my remembering them down to being part of being a bad sleeper! Maybe I am talking pants!

Happyone
xx

groovygranny
26-07-07, 23:13
I'm not really into analysing dreams - although I do tend to have vivid ones when I do dream.

But this thread has intrigued me........and talking of pants happyone.....

I've had one a few times where I'm getting on a bus....wearing fluffy slippers and no knickers! (TMI?) I stay in my seat hoping no one will notice me until we come to my stop. I then alight from the bus (hoping it's not a very windy day) and walk about 100yds down the road to my old secondary school.

I walk through the gates and the place seems deserted. I begin to relax a little and walk towards the old gymnasium......I carfeully open the door....of course it creaks loudly enough to be heard in Usbekistan, and as a consequence I am faced with 100's of frowning faces turned toward me.

I am in the examination room where I sat my 'O' Levels....shock horror:ohmy:!!

I sidle toward the nearest chair and shakily go to sit down.....I miss and fall on the floor in a most ungainly manner....it is then that i wake up, remembering the absence of a necessary item of underwear !!!

I haven't a clue what all this means.....but the most worrying thing about it is.........

My fluffy slippers are pink !!!! :ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

Mind you - I must say I haven't had this particular dream at all since the 'pink' episode in GG's life that we don't mention anymore :yesyes:!!

Any thoughts, ideas,.......or sympathy for me??

:hugs:

happyone
26-07-07, 23:20
Any thoughts, ideas,.......or sympathy for me??

mmmmmm! No....but do you want the number of my shrink?!!!

Actually, I would say this is an anx dream combined with your unique talent of individuality!
Does it correlate with the feelings you had about school/exams? Is there anything about that time of your life that you wish you could change? The dreams I have about school always involve a teacher I wish I could see again as she was so good to me.
Are your slippers really pink or is that artistic license?:winks:

Happyone
xx

ps nae knickers! I have loads of sympathy for you!:hugs:

groovygranny
26-07-07, 23:25
Yep, they're really pink happyone !

That's what's so disturbing! 'Orrible pink yetti-like fur ......uuuugh!!!

Yeah, actually I was in a bit of a state when I sat my exams......I'm sure I had drawers on then though.....

This is really interesting stuff!

:yesyes:

PS: yep, think I will have the tel no. of your shrink - ta!

:flowers:

Jaco45er
27-07-07, 06:38
I have one re-occurring vivid dream that has me waking in a bit of a state.

My wee girl is asleep on top of a cliff that's inaccessible. I am on the opposite mainland cliff, urging people to be quiet incase they wake her, because if she moves she will fall.

God knows what it means but I have had it a few times, and the 1st time I woke up in a right panic and ran into her room to check on her (a rather nutcase moment).

Jaco

P.S. GG? Pink slippers and no knickers? you sure it was a dream? ;)

happyone
27-07-07, 08:03
Hi Jaco,
to me it sounds as though it is an anx dream indicating your fear of possibly not being able to protect your little un from harm? The need for everyone to be quiet, to me would suggest that you tread a fine line at times, the slightest thing could make things go wrong?

I, by the way have no knowledge of interpreting dreams. I used to do it a few years ago with the help of books and symbolism and stuff. But I decided it was simpler and more realistic to try to find a more basic meaning.
So don't take what I say as gospel! I am making it up as I go along!

I have always had vivd dreams and am well known among my friends for them:blush: I often get asked 'have you had any good dreams lately?' in the same way other people would be asked 'have you seen any good films lately?!'
Sometimes I embarass people by saying
'oh! I dreamt about you last night!'

Happyone
xx

Paddington
27-07-07, 13:02
hi Happy one ..i agree with you interpretation of my dream hun..it is kinda obvious when you put it so well:hugs: yes she did put me down..so that kick was a long time comin:blush: i too have had vivid dream all my life..i can remeber as far back as 6 or 7,,and still recall dreams i had then:ohmy: i am plagued by nightmares too:weep: similar tothe one coni has described ..the dying one..it is nasty Coni..i do feel for you hun:hugs: i think maybe it is us always feeling we must be doing the right thing by everybody..and hun it just cant be done really..well it can but it is exhausting and so the stress comes out in the dreams.Hey ..if being somewhere in your dreams is an indication of wanting to actually go there???Lord dont tell Gordon Ramseys wife on me:ohmy: :blush: :lisa: :lisa: :lisa: :lisa: Love Paddie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jimbo
03-08-07, 09:51
Ok, this is another of my epics. I just wrote it all down before it leaves my memory and I'm adding this intro now.

I'm in a bit of a rush as I have to go out. But I think I got it all down mainly.

I posted one before on my own thread but I think I'll try to post any interesting dreams I have here from now on.

I should explain that when I was younger I used to read a lot of Carlos Casteneda and other authors into shamanism, techniques and cultures who practising lucid dreaming and trance. (I was a bit of a phychonaught back then!). I started learning had most success from some of the Casteneda books and tried to practise remembering my dreams by writing them down and learning to dream lucidly. But had some very frightening experiences in my life and dreams at that point in my life so decided to give up. I still occasionally dream lucidly but only briefly.

Now I think the meds I'm on often make my dreams more vivid and I often get this sensation that I can't wake up. Which is when I realise I'm asleep and dreaming. At which point the dream becomes lucid and I can control to a certain extent what happens. I think it takes a lot of practise to be able to hold that lucid state and also how and what to utilise the purpose of a lucid dream. I'd like comments on that if anyone else practises?

I woke up early around 6am as normal and put on breakfast tv and there were 2 news articles that influenced the beginning of my dream. Firstly down south there's a boating festival called the "Cowes Isle of White" festival (it involved a lot of yauchts and drinking usually). Also there was a news article about a pub that had changed its late licence due to people causing problems outside.

Ok here we go:

So in my dream it started that I was a news camera man filming at the festival just randomly, people going about in the crowds on the streets. There were lots of police around wearing riot gear keeping the peace but everything was fine and calm. At that point in the dream I forgot I was a camera man or it became irrelevant as I was just observing.

I was walking past a pub beer garden by the side of a road and a sudden gust of wind blew everyone’s pints of beer into a pond by the pub. There were lots of children playing by the pond as in there were lots of very large fish. One of the kids told me I should wade in and try to kiss one. I felt very child like at that point and jumped in and immediately a huge fish jumped out of the water at the same time and tried to kiss me. I was amazed at this. There were crowds of kids and people looking at the pond and remarking on how big the fish were.

One of the fish jumped out of the pond and fell into a drain channel that was flowing quite heavily and everyone panicked as they thought it was going to get stuck in the small pipes. People were chasing it down and trying to grab it but couldn't. Eventually though the drain led out into a river and someone said great it's safe it's made it home. The river had sailing boats and some sort of race going on.

I went back to the pub and the pond as there were still crowds of kids and people there looking at the fish. Someone said to me "can you see the size of that one it's incredible". I looked carefully and there was an absolutely enormous fish probably 10 feet long lying camouflaged lying at the bottom of the pond. A woman said to me that it was the mother of all the other fish.

At that point everything changed suddenly. Two jack russel dogs appeared and started growling at me and decided to attack. One of them clamped onto my thumb and wouldn't let go, biting through it. I tried shaking it and pulling but nothing would release it. I then realised it was a police dog and started looking around for a police dog handler. Eventually I found one after lots of pain and running around. He shouted and hit the dog and it eventually let go. I was really p****d of by this and had a go at the policeman saying "that dog is dangerous, if it isn't under control you're not doing your job". He just said "oh well, he didn't hurt you too bad" and started to walk away. I tried to chase him saying I want your name and number but he got into a golf cart type vehicle and raced off before I could see his number on his lapel. I was left standing doing nothing.

Now the dream got really interesting because I suddenly became aware at that point I was dreaming. I first thought crap, this seems like a long dream and I was awake at 6 I have to get up at 9, maybe I'm over sleeping. But I couldn't wake myself up.

So I decided to just go with it. I tried to think what I would like to dream about most, but I couldn't really think about anything at first and started to feel myself waking, so I thought right I have to concentrate now and I decided to fly off and just observe everything I could. As I was flying over the city I decided maybe I should go for something a little sexually explicit. I'll skip that part as it's a little embarrassing and explicit.:blush: But the worst part was that I couldn’t hold the focus of the dream on what I wanted to. The girls kept walking off or I lost my concentration and moved on to something else.

This part of the dream was fairly short but mainly involved flying around looking at the towns and cities from above, posh looking apartments and scantily clad women. :blush:

The way most of my lucid dreams end is that I decide I should try something really wild and fly into space and out of the solar system. So I start to lift of and pick up speed but I always come to this road junction. It reminds of one where I used to live years ago. All of a sudden at that point I find I lose my ability to fly and can't lift off the ground any more. I get so frustrated trying and maybe hovering a little. Then totally lose my concentration and always wake up at that point.

Maybe I'll overcome that junction one day and get into some of the really cool stuff that lucid dreaming can get you into.

Jim:hugs:

This post has been automatically edited by the NMP post filter

happyone
03-08-07, 10:07
WOW...thats a bit of a corker eh! I am not even going to try to analyse that one....certainly not when I have to go to Tesco in a moment!

I tried the lucid dreaming thing when I was a teenager too. I got ok at it but I then began to get a bit freaked as I was having dreams that I wasn't entirely sure were dreams. They mostly involved things that had happened to me when I was younger, and I was changing the detail. I got that I didn't know what was right or wrong. Memories and dreams merged.

The scariest one was though where I killed someone in a particularly brutal fashion. I had decided in the dream to do that but it got me so spooked when I awoke as I felt it was real as I had 'decided'. Even now that image is with me.

Heavy stuff for first thing in the morning eh?

Happyone
xx

Jimbo
03-08-07, 13:44
Yeah it's definitely a corker!

I too got well into it when I was younger and it also started to freak me out too. I don't remember much as it was many years ago, but I do remember I got the sense that I was messing with something I wasn't fully prepared for and wanted out very quickly.

There's so many cultures around the world where the shaman / witch doctor / healer use dreams as a tool for insights and entering into the 'spirit world'. It is kinda intense when you read about some of these things.

If you want a good read get this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Art-Dreaming-Carlos-Castaneda/dp/1855384272/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2/026-3333017-0618863?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1186144690&sr=8-2

Gotta love the Casteneda books for pushing the boundaries of reality.

I have no idea of the meaning of the early part of that dream. The part with the fishes was bizarre but seems to be the main theme. From books I've read on interpreting dreams the emotions you feel are very important too. I remember I felt in awe but also quite squeamish about the fish, like that feeling when you don't want to touch something all slimy and yucky. Maybe that's important?

Jim :hugs:

Jimbo
04-08-07, 09:44
I'm gonna keep posting them here I think as, writing them down really helps remember dreams and maybe they might start to become useful to me. If things start to get strange again I'll stop.

Again, today I woke up at 6am a bit thirsty so I got a drink and stuck on breakfast news. Dominated today by the foot & mouth business. I must have dropped off about 6:30 and woke at 9.

So my dream started off that I was part of a news crew reporting live on some news at a very muddy farm. I was one of the guys carrying the cable running behind the camera man. I remember for some reason everyone started running around and eventually I couldn't keep up and ended up getting dragged along by the cable through lots of deep and squishy mud. At first I thought heck I'm really muddy and in a real mess but soon realised it wasn't unpleasant it was quite fun really.

It was then that I became aware that I was dreaming, so I decided to just let my dream go where it wanted to without changing it but decided to move away from the farm.

So I kind of shifted from the farm scene into what seemed like a mall or supermarket selling lots of sweets and it was brightly lit with lots of bright colours and food in wrappers. I was skating / flying around the floor at high speed just looking at everything and wondering what this dream was about. It was then that I noticed that standing at one end of the room was a tall dark frightening looking samurai style warrior. With futuristic looking armour, swords and knives.

I remember he turned to me and challenged me to fight him. I don't think he said anything but I knew he wanted me to. So I started to fight in marshal arts style deflecting throwing knives at me and blocking and dodging his attacks. Then he started casting magic fireballs and lightening bolts toward me very much in a computer game style, using his hands to create a ball of energy then thowing it towards me. So I started doing the same. It felt exciting and I had the feeling that I was stronger and quicker than him and I could beat him. This continued for a while and we seemed fairly equally matched and each spell we cast at each other, and each blow or attack was countered and cancelled out. But I still had the feeling I was quicker and stronger and I would soon beat him.

It was at that point all the camera crew and people from the earlier part of the dream came running back in and were angry that I'd just gone off and left them. I tried to tell them to go away as I was fighting and tried to conciously remove them from my dream, but I lost my focus and woke up at that point.

An interesting dream, it felt exciting and fun, not like yesterday which had an uneasy and slightly disturbing quality to it.

happyone
05-08-07, 21:26
well,
the camera crew seems to be a recurring thing? why?

The samarai? I would have to say ....you been playing too many games recently!? Seriously, if I play pc games, I dream about them

My dream was I was walking alonside a field of potatoes. The tatties were all different sizes. They should have all been smooth skinned but they weren't and that disturbed me. And that was it! LOL!

happyone
xx

Jimbo
06-08-07, 09:11
the camera crew seems to be a recurring thing? why?

It could possibly be this:

My mum is a part time / wannabe writer, writes film scripts and is running a low-budget film production company making short films in the hope that she'll one day get funding to make a full length feature film.

I have worked on a couple of the films as assistant to the director ('best boy grip' or something like that I think, lol) and also composing and producing music. This was when I was well. She's working on another film at the moment and is putting a lot of pressure for me to be involved in it but I don't feel well enough to handle the stress at the moment. So I feel a bit like I'm letting her down. Maybe that has something to do with it. It could also be the fact that both those dreams occurred while I had the TV on while I was asleep with BBC breakfast news on.

The samurai? I would have to say ....you been playing too many games recently!? Seriously, if I play pc games, I dream about them

It could be, I have had this on my mind as I haven't played since my incident a while back and also since I wiped my pc I haven't installed it again yet. The magic spells and way they looked were definitely like the game I play (World of Warcraft aka WoW).

But the Samurai is completely unrelated, the way he looked was more like a ninja or something from a kung-fu movie, I don't think that has anything to do with WoW. Not sure where that came from. Maybe there is some sort of Freudian thing there?