PDA

View Full Version : Now it’s a brain tumor - UGH!!!

Cptdebbie
12-06-18, 02:23
I’d been doing so well and then a bunch of life stressors brought this nasty health anxiety back.

I’ve been having a lot of tension headaches. They come on in the afternoon and my neck and shoulders feel tense as well as my head. I’ve been good at convincing myself that this was just stress until I realized that sometimes I feel like something is moving or adjusting in my sinus areas (forehead and upper nostrils), maybe fluid of some sort. I have very slight nasal congestion and a little post nasal drip. This happens mostly when I change positions.

And, I’ve gone from calm to freaking out in one minute. Does anyone else experience this?

TikPandora
12-06-18, 07:20
I experience this sort of thing all the time, not particularly the symptoms you listed, but the whole concept of going from calm to freaking out in one minute.

One moment you'll be fine, and then you'll notice something and it feels like all of the blood drains from your face. Usually I get very hot, very quickly when this happens.

I doubt, with every fiber in my being that what you are experiencing is more than just some sinus issues. Perhaps allergies or just a cold.

jray23
13-06-18, 05:14
I’ve been having a lot of tension headaches. They come on in the afternoon and my neck and shoulders feel tense as well as my head.

I don't think tumors follow a schedule. [emoji6]
You can most certainly scratch that one off your list.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

ZanVaelius
13-06-18, 06:34
I don't think tumors follow a schedule. [emoji6]
You can most certainly scratch that one off your list.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using TapatalkActually, one of the more common brain tumour symptoms is morning sickness. Morning being the key term here. Probably related to the way body fluids shift around when you sleep.

At any rate, I'm on the "it's probably allergies" train on that one. It's spring so there is plenty of Mother Nature's hate in the air.

Wysłane z mojego SLA-L22 przy użyciu Tapatalka

barbp4
13-06-18, 14:40
I get lightheadedness and it comes on out of nowhere - I also think "tumor" or "clogged carotid artery" - however I also notice this often happens when I have a very slight sinus issue - post nasal drip, etc. I try to get my rational brain to convince me that it is the nasal/ sinus stuff that is giving me these bouts of lightheadedness - but I know what you mean about panic, blood running from your face, sweating. All happen to me - happened last night while driving.

xmas2016
13-06-18, 21:58
I’ve been getting these headaches all the time recently, it’s like a pressure in my head, neck and behind my eyes and then my nose and teeth go numb too. I’m at the doctors with it tomorrow it’s driving me crazy

Cptdebbie
16-06-18, 06:05
Thanks for responding everyone. I’m so grateful to have a support group for these issues.