PDA

View Full Version : It Has Officially Taken Over My Life

TikPandora
12-06-18, 07:12
I'm going to do my best not to trigger any other people, but just in case...please read with caution.

As of about two weeks ago, I can say this is probably the worst bout with HA I have ever had. I've been through the ringer with this beast about many different topics, but I'm back to the first HA fear I have ever had...and perhaps the strongest, Brain Tumors.

About a week ago it all seemed to start. I noticed a few seemingly benign symptoms, such as some new floaters in my right eye. This is pretty common for me, so no big deal. But it all seemed to snowball from there. [TRIGGER WARNING] Over the past week I have began to feel dizzy at times, like there is a pressure on my head itself, casing me to feel detached from the world and light-headed, my vision seems blurrier than normal, the worries about the tingling in my hand are back. I've dealt with some of these before, but never at the same time. [END OF TRIGGER WARNING]

I briefly discussed my fears and worries with my APRN in my last appointment and I was prescribed Vraylar (known as Reagila in Europe), on top of my Zoloft and my diabetes medicines. She didn't seem too concerned about any of it, and simply dismissed most of it as mental things, hence the Vraylar script.

Besides the rather staggering amount of things that seem to have popped up at the same time, this is the first time where my fears have felt so real. As if it isn't just health anxiety anymore. I have began to contemplate the situation as if it is real, including the planning for after diagnosis as well as...everything that comes after that. I'm in mourning for myself without even having a diagnosis, which sounds stupid but it's the truth.

I've had to take Ambien to fall asleep for the past week, even though it's not something I usually take, and everything (even my job) seems to be falling apart due to this new bout with my HA. (It's an annual thing, always seeming to pop up the hardest in the summer months.) What should I do? Has anyone here been in the same situation as me before? Where you're so convinced that you're ill that you begin to plan for it? I feel that this is the lowest my quality of life has been in over ten years, since the first time I went head to head with it.

jray23
13-06-18, 05:23
Our brains love to find a "puzzle" and then try to "solve" it. To borrow the analogy from Eckhart Tolle, like a dog that can't wait to chew over and over on his bone. The "planning" you're doing is just your mind trying to tackle the "problem" of "what am I going to do when/after...". It thinks it is being helpful but obviously it is not!

I've also noticed both in my own HA experience and on these boards, even though a lot of things get us going, a lot of us have a specific body part or disease that we keep circling back to more often than the rest. For me it's heart, for you it's brain.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk