PDA

View Full Version : A really silly one - but can't stop worrying about it

kalny
12-06-18, 07:24
I'm gonna get right to the point here because I know how irrational this worry probably is.

Can moldy coco pops make you unwell?

I got the fear because I once heard that moldy rice can make you ill. And coco pops are rice.

I had some old kitchen bits in the dishwasher for a few days as I'd run out of tablets. I've been busy and forgot about some bowls in there the kids had put in with coco pops still in them (only like one or two in each bowl) ANYWAY I noticed after running the wash last night the bowls hadn't cleaned and they were moldy.

This immediately sent me into overdrive as I remembered what someone said about rice and how it could be dangerous and now my mind has been running. I can't help it :blush: god knows I'm trying.

Is this super silly? I didn't eat any!

TikPandora
12-06-18, 07:27
We all try not to worry, right?

Sure, some kinds of mold can definitely make you sick...like the kind that grows in houses. Black molds...that sort of thing. But typically the mold that grows on food is of a completely different and harmless type. I wouldn't worry too much about it, just don't go scarfing down a bowl of mold.

I mean, the moldy grapes are the sweetest ones on the vine. (I don't go searching for them, but it's something I've noticed.)