PDA

View Full Version : raised lymph nodes,rash on jaw/ear

mags1501
12-06-18, 19:39
I've been to GP today as I have 2 hard lumps on side of my neck. I've not been ill or had an infection. GP felt them and said he didn't think it was anything to worry about as body is probably fighting an infection. Since then I've developed a raised rash around my jaw and my ear starts to ache now and then. GP told me to come back in a month if they didn't go and they would do more tests. He said as I wasn't more tired then usual,wasn't loosing weight and didn't feel unwell he wasn't too worried.

He said they were palpable and they are about the size of a pea.

I'm stressing even though I know I shouldn't.
Has anyone else had this problem

Fishmanpa
12-06-18, 19:44
Do a quick search or scroll down to the bottom of the page. Node threads are legendary here! :shades:

Positive thoughts

cattia
12-06-18, 20:58
Yes, I'm going through this at the moment. I have a swollen node in my neck that was actually pointed out by a Dr. She didn't seem worried about it but said it should be gone down in two or three weeks. I am going back to the doctor (my own GP this time) on July 3rd to get it checked as I don't trust myself to check it. I am of course terrified about lymphoma. Fishmanpa is right though, there are probably hundreds of thread here about lymph nodes, they are a very common focus for HA sufferers. My doctor also said I was probably fighting an infection but as far as I know, I haven't had one.

ThroatGoat
12-06-18, 23:06
Lymph nodes? My favorite topic!

I went to my doc today who said: "Unless they are hard, immovable, and getting progressively bigger, they are not something to be concerned about".

I can feel a bunch of nodes, from bb size, to pea sized, to almost been sized, but none of them fit the criteria above. Therefor, nothing to worry about.

You mention 2 pea sized ones? They're nothing worth fretting over.