PDA

View Full Version : Extremely strong pulse in abdomen

Meriland30
13-06-18, 07:41
So I guess I have had this for about as long as i can remember. I went in for a check up (unrelated) last year only to find that the doctor seemed insanely concerned that while i lie on my back, i have a visible and prominent abdominal pulse. She even went so far as to take a stethoscope and listen. She said it 'sounded' fine, but to get another doctor to look at it. The next week i saw someone else who didn't seem concerned until i later down...she was super surprised how visible it was and said she wanted to schedule me for a ultrasound. When i told her "well, isn't this common in thin people?" And her only response was "i havent seen this prominent of a pulse in a child, much less an adult. This might be serious".

I went to the ultrasound tech the next week, absolutely scared out of my mind. Mind you, this tech had worked there for 20+ years...she was baffled that the doctors were so worked up over it, she said she sees the same..visible pulse in pretty much every thin woman she checks. The ultrasound was normal, in fact, my abdominal aorta is really small throughout.

This took a load off, and i was quite honestly angry that those doctors did that to me, i mean, i understand why they did, but am angry that a ultrasound tech is more in tune with patients bodies than an old doctor.

So, now...I have been having epigastric and unbilical indigestion and cramps for a few weeks, and i can't help but wonder...what if? What if the ultrasound missed it? What if those doctors were right? They seemed to think it was very worrisome ..my pulse in my abdomen does not lie.

I worry.

I am 30 years old, 127 lbs, and 5'4. Does anyone else have a prominent pulse in their abdomen? And I mean like....you could put your cell phone on your stomach and it moves up and down kind of prominent? Would a AAA be unusual or rare in a 30 yr old woman?

Elen
13-06-18, 07:56
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?p=1760556#post1760556

Please read the below post from Admin. You are posting about a lot of different things frequently. Perhaps start a thread where you can keep all of your worries in one place.

Can posters, especially those who are posting a lot about a variety of fears please confine their posts to one thread.

This helps others to build up a clear picture of what is happening and makes it easier to offer suitable advice.

You may not see the pattern but usually it is there, especially if you are posting frequently about different things.

Your co-operation with this would be greatly appreciated.

Elen