PDA

View Full Version : Stomach pulse

weallmissedme
13-06-18, 09:37
Okay, I've been on this rollercoaster for months, and I just need to find some others that are like me I suppose. Back in December, I started experiencing stomach issues, such as easy bloating, lack of appetite, and just general discomfort, especially after large amounts of food. I noticed my stomach pulse back in January, and I googled it, obviously. I was frightened to see Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm as the first result, and I was down on my kitchen floor crying. I thought I, even as a 19 year old, could have this horrible problem, since a lady I knew died 4 days prior. I got x-rayed, and CT'd, and got over it for 2 days, but then went back to worrying like absolute mad. I eventually stopped worrying when an ER doctor explained that contrast wasn't needed to see a AAA, which effectively killed the fear for 2 months, and I saw the pulsations in my tum as being normal (I can also see the beat in my wrist and ankle, where the veins actually pop up, and my neck bounces to my pulse, too). But then at the libertarian convention here in Ohio, some paramedic noticed my stomach pulsing, and said "I've seen that before, those things can go and you die really fast!". It started up again, and I'm freaking. Does anybody else experience all this? My pulse is visible, and sometimes, I can even *feel* it. Reassurance please?

Mike88
13-06-18, 10:11
I’m quite surprised you find this worrying. I’ve always had a stomach pulse and once asked others about it and pretty much everyone does. You have some big blood vessels there so why wouldn’t you see it? And I also see it on my wrists and neck. Always been like that and I’m healthy, sure you are too

Purple Blood
13-06-18, 10:26
Wow,what is wrong with that paramedic?Why would he say that to a stranger?
Anyway,a paramedic is not a doctor and since all the tests are fine you're fine!Your stomach issues could be due to stress,I get it sometimes when I'm stressed.

Kingdawson
13-06-18, 10:50
Stomach pulse?? Hmmmm isn't that normal? I notice it when I'm lying down. Go on YouTube and look at the countless videos of it...its fun.

weallmissedme
13-06-18, 11:02
I notice it when sitting too, and if I really look, when I stand.

Kingdawson
13-06-18, 11:08
I notice it when sitting too, and if I really look, when I stand.

Yep nothing at all to worry about. I have a visible pulse onn both wrists, stomach when lying down, and between the web of my thumb and index finger sometimes.

fidgetninja
13-06-18, 12:03
That wasn't cool that that paramedic said that! It would be very, very, very, very, VERY rare for it to happen in a 19 year old. Definitely listen to the doctor - he knows what he's talking about :)