PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm new here

Mel
20-12-04, 11:28
Hi everybody. I found this forum last Friday and I have already found it to be invaluable in helping me to overcome my panic attacks.

I first had a panic attack 3 years ago, I was severely depressed and life was not generally going very well, and out of the blue I had my first panic attack and OH BOY! was I terrified. I went to my Doc and she prescribed Seroxat, unfortunately she didn't tell me that they might actually make me feel worse before I felt better and I ended up having an attack that was so bad that my partner called and ambulance for me and I ended up in casualty. Anyhow, after that I gradually felt better and the attacks stopped completely and I came of the medication.

Earlier this year I started having Migraines with auras, and I think that was what triggered off the return of the panic attacks, they are much worse this time than before. Previously they only happened at night and although I was left feeling shaky they didn't bother me during the day. But this time I am suffering both day and night, having looked at the "symptoms" section of this forum I can say that I am suffering from most of them! The pains in my heart and difficulty breathing are the worst ones, but I am staying positive and telling myself that these symptoms are not going to kill me, and that if I try to breath properly and think positive thoughts I will feel better.

I am at the beginning of a journey, and I know it may take some time but I am sure that now I have found such a wonderful resource I will find it much easier.

Thanks for listening Mel.

jill
20-12-04, 12:28
Hi Mel

Welcome to the site.

It is always :( sad to here when someone is
suffering with PA anxiaty.
We all know how you are feeling right now.
There is light at the end of the tunnel, as you
say it just takes time.
Since finding this site at the end of August I am
know 95% better.
With alots of hard work and support, you to can
learn how to feel better.
You have already started your journey forward
with your positive thoughts. " these symptoms
wont kill me and if I think positive thoughts I will
fell better" WELL DONE.
You have come to the right place.
There are lots of nice people who will help and support
you.

TAKE CARE

JILLXX

All problems have a begining and an end!

Karen
20-12-04, 12:48
Hi Mel

Welcome to the site. I'm glad you have found it helpful to be here already.

You have the right attitude to the symptoms associated with the panic attacks. Although it can be frightening, a panic attack is not going to harm you. Well done for having such a positive attitude.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

BlondeAndi
20-12-04, 13:48
Hi Mel,

Glad you've found this site helpful. I'm new too so hope to get to know you:)

I get migraine auras but without the pain if that makes sense? Docs said rarely some people get migraine symptoms without the headache. It's good to find a site with like minded people who understand though isn't it?

take good care

Blonde Andi x

vernon
20-12-04, 14:49
Hi mel glad u found help on this sit, lots do. and welcome to the site, hope u find even more support as there are areal nice bunch on here. Well if u fancy a chat any evening (usualy after 8 30pm) try our chat room. take care for now Vernon

Meg
20-12-04, 17:48
Dear Mel,

Glad to hear you're doing well by looking around the site.

Do ask if you have any questions or specific queries.

Soon you will only have a few of those symptoms and then less still etc

Good luck

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

FAN
20-12-04, 18:33
hi and welcome hope you get plenty out of the site i know i am

fan x

nomorepanic
20-12-04, 20:03
Hi Mel

Welcome aboard and I hope we can be of some help.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Nicola

seh1980
20-12-04, 22:56
Welcome to the site!! I look forward to getting to know you better in the near future.

Sarah :D

Meg
21-12-04, 14:04
Hi Mel ,
You can indeed get over all of these symptoms and horrid feelings.
The best way is slow and steady progress .

Let us know how we can help you best.

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance