PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone experienced sudden lightheadedness?

barbp4
13-06-18, 13:40
I have been experiencing sudden moments of lightheadedness - it's not everything spinning - but a feeling that will come on suddenly and is very scary. I am , of course, thinking it is a clogged artery and blood is not getting to my brain.

I immediately take some xanax in case it is a panic attack (have suffered those for decades). This sometimes helps, but of course makes me tired.

The bigger problem is - now every time I get in the car - I think about the possibility of becoming lightheaded and it almost brings on the feeling/ or a panic attack.

Has anyone experienced something similar?

Any suggestions?

Thanks all for your help.
Barb

Checkdis
13-06-18, 13:53
I have been experiencing sudden moments of lightheadedness - it's not everything spinning - but a feeling that will come on suddenly and is very scary. I am , of course, thinking it is a clogged artery and blood is not getting to my brain.

I immediately take some xanax in case it is a panic attack (have suffered those for decades). This sometimes helps, but of course makes me tired.

The bigger problem is - now every time I get in the car - I think about the possibility of becoming lightheaded and it almost brings on the feeling/ or a panic attack.

Has anyone experienced something similar?

Any suggestions?

Thanks all for your help.
Barb

Yes this is part of anxiety. I had happen to me over a few months. But let me ask you something... you never get it when your driving right? Only when you are talking to someone it seems to become more relevant. It has to do with your breathing. What helped me and took time was practicing mindfulness meditation. YouTube it and find a 20-30min video, put head phones on and just listen closely to the words. Key thing is being consistent. Could take a week, month, years to fix it or a life time but at least you fix your breathing and thought process. Also eat 3 meals don’t skip them. Balance with carbs protein and fiber.