PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone experienced sudden lightheadedness?

barbp4
13-06-18, 13:43
I have been experiencing sudden moments of lightheadedness - it's not everything spinning - but a feeling that will come on suddenly and is very scary. I am , of course, thinking it is a clogged artery and blood is not getting to my brain.

I immediately take some xanax in case it is a panic attack (have suffered those for decades). This sometimes helps, but of course makes me tired.

The bigger problem is - now every time I get in the car - I think about the possibility of becoming lightheaded and it almost brings on the feeling/ or a panic attack.

Has anyone experienced something similar?

Any suggestions?

Thanks all for your help.
Barb

Benjammin69
13-06-18, 14:03
I have been experiencing sudden moments of lightheadedness - it's not everything spinning - but a feeling that will come on suddenly and is very scary. I am , of course, thinking it is a clogged artery and blood is not getting to my brain.

I immediately take some xanax in case it is a panic attack (have suffered those for decades). This sometimes helps, but of course makes me tired.

The bigger problem is - now every time I get in the car - I think about the possibility of becoming lightheaded and it almost brings on the feeling/ or a panic attack.

Has anyone experienced something similar?

Any suggestions?

Thanks all for your help.

Barb

Hi

Yes I get these similar feeling to jelly legs like your legs are going to give way??but instead you get a feeling like you are dizzy and can’t walk straight or drive straight.

It is not artery related etc it is purely anxiety and the fight or flight mode - are you only on Xanax? Do you take other Meds or a beta blocker?

I have found propranolol slow release helps alongside any benzo

It gets worse in the car due to panic and your breathing.... it’s a very troublesome symptom

Just seek faith in that it is anxiety and will reduce overtime nothing is permanent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

barbp4
13-06-18, 14:27
Yes, the car seems to be a frequent place when this happens - and , of course, increases anxiety ten fold as I am operating a vehicle, often with someone in the car with me.

Benjammin69
13-06-18, 14:29
Yes, the car seems to be a frequent place when this happens - and , of course, increases anxiety ten fold as I am operating a vehicle, often with someone in the car with me.

Yea try and drive alone with the window down. A bottle of water can help and also music any distraction also try best not to pullover unless u feel in danger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk