PDA

View Full Version : Diarrhea for weeks mild stomach aches

anxdesert
13-06-18, 20:46
I just got over a cold a week or so a go and I've had Diarrhea for the last three weeks. I've had one or two days in there where I went without it but otherwise it's been pretty much every day. Today I woke up and finally thought I was back to normal since I had normal poops yesterday and then this morning a normal one but then bam here it is again.

Also it was very Dark Brown so of course I'm no worried because they say Black is Blood and bad. I don't think it was black but it was very dark brown which is freaking me out too. My health anxiety has been pretty high for the last couple of weeks especially after the cold.

I also had a pain in the pelvic area and then the doctor called to schedule my year review stomach ultrasound (had a random spot on my spleen last year so they wanted me to come back after a year to see if it changed) Moment I got off the phone with the doc I was flying to the toilet with Diarrhea.

Has anyone ever had weeks or months of daily Diarrhea?
Can Anxiety cause this much Diarrhea?
Is Super Dark Diarrhea Normal?

Panicking that this might have something to do with the spot on the spleen or stomach cancer or something.

NervousKel
14-06-18, 14:44
It sounds very much like anxiety to me, especially since you had to rush to the toilet after talking to the doctor on the phone.

I always have stomach upset when my anxiety is bad. I think it's fairly common.

nomorepanic
14-06-18, 14:50
I have it every day between 3-5 times. I have IBS. The colour changes from yellow to really dark brown every day.

nomorepanic
14-06-18, 14:51
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

anxdesert
15-06-18, 22:22
Thank you that helps some.... never heard of anyone having it for this long but I guess anxiety can do some messed up things to your body.

susie1
15-06-18, 22:28
I had this for months. you could probably find my thread from a couple of years ago. I have bad IBS and severe Ha. I was just like you, had calprotectin blood test which was raised. went into tail spin. Had colonoscopy. Slight inflammation found but nothing sinister and it eventually petered out. Stools change colour depending on what you eat. Dark brown is dark brown not black. I once ate a packet of Oreos - now they really do turn your poo black. Your HA is going nito overdrive and the first part of your body to suffer is your weak spot. I undedrstand your fear but I KNOW you can be like this and it be nothing. Can't remember exactly but I had almost constant diarrhoea for at least 6 months.