PDA

View Full Version : Another lymph node, night sweats, think I’m going...

Mike88
14-06-18, 02:14
Can’t help the overwhelming feeling that this time this is it, there is something terribly wrong with me and I should mentally prepare myself for the worst... Last week I had a swollen lymph node or a salivary gland on one side of my neck which was accompanied by sore throat, cold sore, fever and heavy night sweats... I was scared but quite convinced it was maybe just a nasty virus as some of the symptoms (except the sweats) seemed to be improving and even the node went down. However tonight I woke up drenched in sweat again and now I feel that the other side of my neck swelled up. It can’t be a virus going on for two weeks. I can only think of the worst and how will I bring the news to my parents...

Halle0587
14-06-18, 03:54
Deep breath. You don’t have to break the news to your parents because it’s not anything until doctors say so. BREATHE. 4 seconds in, 7 seconds out and repeat a few times. An infection left untreated can surely last two weeks. Fever that breaks will cause sweating sickness, like the common cold can cause sweating and chills. A sore throat can cause swollen lymph nodes and poking and prodding will without a doubt make them bigger. Make yourself a warm drink and soothe yourself. Give it a solid week without checking and touching along with distraction. You’ll be doing fine by then dear friend!

jhopley
14-06-18, 10:59
Dude this are symptoms of many possible things. I have can these same symptoms from a common cold and i have also had them with the mumps!!!

Chill out - go see a doctor and by all means, if the doctors are worries then it's time for you to be worrying BUT until then try and relax.

REMEMBER anxiety causes more physical symptoms so the more you worry the more likely you are to have more problems.