PDA

View Full Version : Worried over this head pain...

Tek
08-06-18, 09:13
So, this is a bit lengthy so I'll try to keep it short and sweet..

About 2 weeks ago, I started getting light-headed and dizzy it lasted a week so I thought I'd go to my doctor. (Naturally, he was booked so I went with another at the facility) she noticed some fluid behind my eardrum and perscribed Flonase to dry it up. After a day or two, I started having pain and it eventually got so severe I went to the ER to find out that I had an ear infection .

Got Amoxicillin, and have been taking it for 5 days, some things are better while I've developed a sorry throat and some lingering head pain. I've been searching and noticed a lot of people have said that this could lead to meningitis and I'm honestly just super panicked. So, I figured I'd ask for some help on this matter.

Thanks in advance!

Tek
14-06-18, 08:18
So, I have been having some issues for a couple weeks now. Initially, it was a lightheadedness and dizzy spell, which I went to see my Dr. and from there I had fluid behind my ear drum. Dr gave me some nasal spray and by that weekend I was in severe pain. A trip to the ER showed I had a pretty nasty ear infection so I started taking amoxicillin.

Fast forward a week, still having some pain, go back to the doctor and we try a new antibiotic (heed said that my ear was still a little red)

Fast forward another week, and I'm still having that pain. And naturally my mind is racing to the worst case scenario (tumor, brain abcess, meningitis, you name it)

The pain is MOSTLY on my left side around the forhead and temple. However, I have had some pain on the right and even the back of my head and neck as well. It has been a fairly dull pain over all, and sometimes I find that my left eye seems a bit sore sometimes and the pain usually sets in during the evenings, I typically don't wake up with it being achy.

Any peace of mind would be helpful and and insight to what may be happening would be appreciated.

(Got another appointment tomorrow and just super anxious)

Elen
14-06-18, 08:26
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

Tek
14-06-18, 08:27
I'm sorry, I looked back through about 6-7 pages and figured it was gone. But thanks for the heads up!

Tek
24-06-18, 08:34
Just a bit of an update, just had an MRI on my brain and nothing was found (which absolutely helped my anxiety,, but the pains still remain) I'll try to keep this updated in case anybody else ever has these symptoms.

Scass
24-06-18, 12:26
Glad that you’re all ok [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M@tt
25-06-18, 01:53
I’m currently experiencing EXACTLY what you are. I’m on a course of prednisone and augmentin. Honestly, I think it’s seasonal allergies. My head pain isn’t real bad, but there is pressure in the back of my head, left side above ear, temple, and ear. Doctor also said I had fluid in my ear.

Pain isn’t too bad to function, so I’m just riding it out.

Good luck!