PDA

View Full Version : Water intoxication?

weallmissedme
15-06-18, 05:37
So, I have chronic headaches which doesn't help. But today I've had (at max) 5 and a half 17 oz bottles of water. But I'm unsure as to how quickly I've been drinking them. I heard the symptoms of water intoxication can take a while. Should I be concerned? It's freaking me out. Would it be smart to eat a pinch of salt to subside the affects of losing sodium or would that cause a bigger issue? Help please, I'm freaking :ohmy: .

nomorepanic
15-06-18, 11:12
Isn't that about 2.5 litres of water? It isn't that much.

No need for salt though.

Andrash
15-06-18, 12:49
Isn't that about 2.5 litres of water? It isn't that much.

No need for salt though.

I drink, on average, that amount of water every day. It is even healthy to drink more water. So, no reason to worry at all, keep up the good work. And no need for salt, absolutely.

ToasterOvens
15-06-18, 14:57
I have a hydration back pack I use for long motorcycle rides. The bladder itself is 3L, and I drink that easily.

ankietyjoe
15-06-18, 18:24
Water intoxication would involve triple that amount or more, with no replenishment of electrolytes.

weallmissedme
25-06-18, 00:13
Over the past 2 hours I've peed 3 times, all 3 times it was completely clear. Now I AM very scared that I might be overhydrating.

nomorepanic
25-06-18, 00:15
So why don't you cut down and see how it goes

ServerError
25-06-18, 00:46
Clear urine doesn't mean you're in any danger. It just means you're hydrated. I drink a lot of water and my urine is regularly clear. I'm still alive.

jray23
25-06-18, 01:45
Urine is supposed to be mostly if not fully clear. Colored urine means you need to drink more water!

Average person typically needs to drink a minimum of 64 oz a day, many will say one oz for every 2 pounds of bodyweight (sorry for the crazy measurements from the USA!). I typically get about 80 oz a day and my urine after the first one in the morning is always clear.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk