PDA

View Full Version : White Patches on Lips

damiant
15-06-18, 13:53
Hi

Im new to the forums so glad i have discovered it and i really hope you can rest my mind.
Ive suffered from Health Anxiety for 2 years + and been back and forth to the Drs with worries .

I currently take 50Mg Sertraline daily and have done since January and feel better however recently i have been getting flat white patches on my bottom Lips and they are sore and stupid dry mouth . I went to the Drs and she dismissed it but my HA is in overdrive and i have convinced myself i have lip and mouth Cancer.

Whats strange is these white patches on my lips seem to dissapear overnight and reappear in the day that is freaking me out even more.

Is this a side effect related to the dry mouth or something more sinister.?

My Dr just dismisses this as my anxiety but its hard to believe that this is that. She just thinks its all anxiety.

I dont know what to do anymore with this it just feels like im tortured allover again.

Any help thank you so much
Damian

Andrash
15-06-18, 21:45
Hi

Im new to the forums so glad i have discovered it and i really hope you can rest my mind.
Ive suffered from Health Anxiety for 2 years + and been back and forth to the Drs with worries .

I currently take 50Mg Sertraline daily and have done since January and feel better however recently i have been getting flat white patches on my bottom Lips and they are sore and stupid dry mouth . I went to the Drs and she dismissed it but my HA is in overdrive and i have convinced myself i have lip and mouth Cancer.

Whats strange is these white patches on my lips seem to dissapear overnight and reappear in the day that is freaking me out even more.

Is this a side effect related to the dry mouth or something more sinister.?

My Dr just dismisses this as my anxiety but its hard to believe that this is that. She just thinks its all anxiety.

I dont know what to do anymore with this it just feels like im tortured allover again.

Any help thank you so much
Damian

That means no cancer. Cancer does not come and go, it comes and stays.

damiant
16-06-18, 16:58
Thanks that actually makes rational sense so why can’t I just accept it ?

Why would the white patches appear and dissapear there must be an underlying medical reason?

I need to get a grip of this anxiety as I was ok for 6 months then it’s started up all over again . The physical symptoms shift round and just torture me

What’s the best way to break the cycle as I feel helpless at the moment.

Thanks for any replies it’s greatly appreciated

Damian

---------- Post added at 16:58 ---------- Previous post was at 16:44 ----------

I did think the white patcheswas a side effect of the sertraline but could find anything that was listed but couldn’t find any listed about white patches on lips.

Fishmanpa
16-06-18, 17:05
What’s the best way to break the cycle as I feel helpless at the moment.

Real life professional help :winks: We could give you pages of replies and advice but ultimately, it's up to you to take the steps. Having real life accountability in working on your anxiety is necessary IMO.

Positive thoughts