PDA

View Full Version : Tetanus after animal bite?

unicorndusy
15-06-18, 17:08
Hi everyone, I hope your day is going well.

Today has been a day of sorts, resulting in me being bit! Well, my dog has recently had an injury and I went to check on it today to see if it was healing well. Without thinking, I did not muzzle him and went to check his foot and he bit me due to the fact it is quite sore and tender. The bite was a little harder than he has bit before (he only bites if he is pain or aggravated) and it was on my pinky finger. He seemed to have gone down more than I have ever experienced but it was not a horrific one. It drew blood and I immediately ran to the sink and flushed it with water, dried it and put TCP onto it. I then put a plaster on it and got over the shock of the bite. My mind then turned towards the obvious fear of tetanus, but my last shot was in September 2014 and I double checked with my immunizations book i keep just in case. So I have had a recent tetanus (only 3 years ago) but I am a bit worried about it. Do you think it's likely to turn into a tetanus infection?

Fishmanpa
15-06-18, 17:29
Do you think it's likely to turn into a tetanus infection?

Nope!

Positive thoughts

unicorndusy
16-06-18, 20:09
Thanks for the reply fishmanpa, it’s much appreciated. Just out of interest, does anyone think this looks infected? It’s been literally a day if that and I’m just super paranoid right now. I have washed it several times I’m just scared I’m gonna have some massive bacterial infection in my skin :/