PDA

View Full Version : Do you have an unusual phobia?

nomorepanic
26-07-07, 21:54
Hi

I am getting in touch from Sunday magazine to see if you can help me with a feature I am doing about unusuall phobias. I am looking for a case study to interview who will be happy to talk about their phobia. It would have to be something quite unusual such as cotton wool or buttons - do you know anyone who fits the bill. Ideally I need it to be a woman who hasn't told her story before and she would have to be photographed and identified. We would be able to pay her in return for her time. Plus we would also be able to give your website a mention (we have 7million readers so it would be a great way to reach people)

If you could let me know either way asap that would be great as I am on a very tight deadline!

If you need any more info, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Many thanks for your help.

Best wishes
Claie Wilson

Features Writer
Sunday magazine
020 7782 7937/ claie.wilson@sunday.co.uk

PaulaRubyLove
27-07-07, 00:04
I don't know how much help I can be, since I'm in Australia, but I have a lot of weird fears. Like owls, in particular.

cookiesncream
01-08-07, 11:18
well im not a woamn but a teenagers and i have a fear of vomiting and school

dont know if thats unusual but oh well

:)

Gabby
12-08-07, 14:14
The article was in todays News of the World magazine - one phobia of eating, one of buttons and one of chairs!! All sounds terrifying but thankfully all three peeps sounds much better now

Lindalou64
14-08-07, 11:46
I Dont Know If This Is Weird But Arnt They All Lol Ya Know What I Mean..but I Have A Fear Of Thunderstorms Bad!!! Hurricanes :( My Heart Starts To Race And Ect People Tell Me Calm Down Its Ok But Its Just Like Any Other Phobia Right Ya Get Anxiety With It..........but I Am Gettin Better Im Not Hiding Away Anymore:( Tc .......linda

KrazyKaz07
31-08-07, 13:21
When I was young I had a couple of strange/funny phobia's. I use to hate seeing a stopped clock!! I don't really know why but if I didn't see the second hand ticking it use to freak me out. I also didn't like being in a shop when it was closing time. You know in some shops you will get an annoucement saying that the shop will be closing shortly, well when I would hear that I would start panicking thinking that the shop would close with me in it!!:blush:

I am glad to say that I can look at a stopped clock now and I actually wouldn't mind being locked in a shop although better to be a supermarket :yesyes:

GILL8
31-08-07, 22:09
unusual phobias:

Bar Codes on anything - have to turn them around so not to see them.

certain colours together - no!!!

newspaper - every day - have to find a certain word -
no good until I find it!!!

many more...............!!!

mynydd
31-08-07, 22:17
ok dont laugh................wooden spoons! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh HATE them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DanielleB32
01-09-07, 01:20
Well...this aint as odd as Wooden Spoons!! But I am terrified of people sneezing near me...I scream and run away and dettol people!! That's true!! Imagine the shopping trip hysteria when someone sneezes around me...I practically ram them with the trolley! And coughs! And germs...Dettol...lots and lots of Dettol! I'd Dettol the World if it were allowed!

Also small spaces, the Dark, worms...massively afraid of anytype of worm...but will save one that is stranded on the pavement by putting it back on the Grass...but did scream my head off when my new Puppy had worms! Terrified me!

Danielle.X.

nanny
01-09-07, 08:57
I hate anything green

if i am given something green for a present out it will go. I won't have room decorated in green or anything.

I don't know if it stems back years from my nan, but she always used to say green was bad luck and that staed in my head so i don't know if you'd call it a phobia or just a superstition.