PDA

View Full Version : Whats your anxiety tonight?

Katiex
15-06-18, 22:45
Feel free to join me and my anxieties tonight :welcome:

For the past 5 weeks I've had a constant virus type feeling but a really strange one. I have had everything from asthma type attacks, choking episodes, facial numbness and tingling, spaced out feelings. All of which were pretty extreme and no joke.

I'm really struggling to swallow thick mucus tonight and having some choking sensations but I'm handling it pretty well.

I've had my antidepressants upped to the maximum dose now which has helped and I have taken a little bit of diazepam too. It has helped a little so I'm going to try to relax with a cup of tea and watch a film or programme to at least find some joy :whistles::D

What is everyone up to? How do you cope with your high anxieties?

unsure_about_this
15-06-18, 22:52
I got massives amount of anxiety with my symptoms. I got some adult colouring books which I had a week and I am still anxious about my health. I have tried CBT which did not work, this group therapy and one to one is not working is making me feel worst

crystal17
15-06-18, 23:20
Hey Katie, I was actually going to start a thread like this but didn't want to get told off for being negative - so am really glad you did!

Sorry you're struggling with various symptoms, it sounds like you recognise they may not be too serious though which is a great thing. That's good you have some diazepam, it can be a lifesaver can't it?

I'm really really struggling tonight :( I have been blessed with a wonderful mixture of intrusive anxiety/thoughts and extreme sadness. Im hovering between a panic attack and crying my eyes out but having to keep it all inside as I have a son I want to be strong for and a partner who doesn't give a shit. I feel like I want someone to ask me to tell them how I'm feeling and then hug me and I cry on their shoulder.

It definitely helps talking on here.

Katiex
15-06-18, 23:28
I got massives amount of anxiety with my symptoms. I got some adult colouring books which I had a week and I am still anxious about my health. I have tried CBT which did not work, this group therapy and one to one is not working is making me feel worst

Aw I'm sorry to hear this :(

I agree that CBT and group talking sessions are not much help for extreme anxiety. And are only really helpful when you've managed to settle a little bit.

My anxiety is extremely high to the point that I can hyperventilate and pass out turning blue in the process. For now antidepressants and diazepam are getting me through but I still feel terrible.

Is good that you have tried adult colouring books too. Are you on any medication at all?

---------- Post added at 23:28 ---------- Previous post was at 23:26 ----------

Hey Katie, I was actually going to start a thread like this but didn't want to get told off for being negative - so am really glad you did!

Sorry you're struggling with various symptoms, it sounds like you recognise they may not be too serious though which is a great thing. That's good you have some diazepam, it can be a lifesaver can't it?

I'm really really struggling tonight :( I have been blessed with a wonderful mixture of intrusive anxiety/thoughts and extreme sadness. Im hovering between a panic attack and crying my eyes out but having to keep it all inside as I have a son I want to be strong for and a partner who doesn't give a shit. I feel like I want someone to ask me to tell them how I'm feeling and then hug me and I cry on their shoulder.

It definitely helps talking on here.

Sorry to hear this too :( its not nice when you're partner is unsupportive. It makes you feel so much more worse.

What medications are you on and are you getting any help from your GP?

Mine are terrible. I end up in A and E and they end up writing a letter to my GP telling them to pull their finger out and start supporting me better.

The diazepam helps so much but they don't like giving it to me.

Ryzinn
16-06-18, 00:54
For the past month I've had a hard boney lump inbetween the two palates of my mouth on the right hand side. Been extremely concerned about it. Saw the Dr. about it today and he's referring me to an ENT.

I'm just mostly worried of what it could potentially be, and also, depressed that I have to deal with this now when things have been going pretty smoothly for some time. It just seems like every summer its something new, some strange new symptom that has me worried sick.

Bleh.

crystal17
16-06-18, 01:01
Aw I'm sorry to hear this :(

I agree that CBT and group talking sessions are not much help for extreme anxiety. And are only really helpful when you've managed to settle a little bit.

My anxiety is extremely high to the point that I can hyperventilate and pass out turning blue in the process. For now antidepressants and diazepam are getting me through but I still feel terrible.

Is good that you have tried adult colouring books too. Are you on any medication at all?

---------- Post added at 23:28 ---------- Previous post was at 23:26 ----------

Sorry to hear this too :( its not nice when you're partner is unsupportive. It makes you feel so much more worse.

What medications are you on and are you getting any help from your GP?

Mine are terrible. I end up in A and E and they end up writing a letter to my GP telling them to pull their finger out and start supporting me better.

The diazepam helps so much but they don't like giving it to me.

Sorry for the late reply it's been manic, no I'm not getting much support at all really, I see a psychiatrist every few months which is just to discuss meds. Am on sertraline, propanolol and diazepam when they decide I'm allowed it which isn't very often.

So sorry you end up in A and E with this :weep: What kinds of things make you anxious? Does it come on gradually or suddenly?

elasticheart83
16-06-18, 06:34
I’m taking sertraline too, as well as trazodone before bed and Ativan as needed. Tonight it is needed. 😁 I am worried about my hands falling asleep in the night which they do nearly every night at some point. I think it could be carpal tunnel but of course worry it’s something worse. I just hate being awakened every night in a terror so I get more and more anxious as it gets closer to bedtime. (I’ve had the standard blood tests and am waiting to see a neuro.)

My coping tonight is half an Ativan and probably a good book. I also have a four year old daughter who is with me most nights and I let her stay in my bed... she thinks it’s for her but cuddling her in the night gives me so much comfort too. :)

Scass
16-06-18, 09:04
Well it’s morning now - but my anxiety is that I have my first endoscopy today. I’m all sorts of nervous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

unsure_about_this
16-06-18, 09:34
The group therapy I attended yesterday did not help me, the one I attend on Thursdays helps a little, the one to one I don't think she is very good, but since I am unemployed sort of have to try this with the provider

ServerError
16-06-18, 11:22
Well it’s morning now - but my anxiety is that I have my first endoscopy today. I’m all sorts of nervous.

The majority of endoscopies find either benign issues or nothing at all. Try to take some comfort from that. I had one earlier this year and I can tell you that it's a fairly unpleasant procedure, but nowhere near worth any anxiety. It's over quickly and the staff will take good care of you and they'll tell you what they've seen right after. If you have the sedation it will chill you out anyway.

All the best.

Scass
16-06-18, 12:33
The majority of endoscopies find either benign issues or nothing at all. Try to take some comfort from that. I had one earlier this year and I can tell you that it's a fairly unpleasant procedure, but nowhere near worth any anxiety. It's over quickly and the staff will take good care of you and they'll tell you what they've seen right after. If you have the sedation it will chill you out anyway.

All the best.

Thank you.
I’m going to try not to have the sedation, but we’ll see.
I’m starving!!

pulisa
16-06-18, 13:27
I'd recommend sedation but of course it's your choice.

Wishing you the best of luck, Scass and I hope you get some answers today which will help you.

Scass
16-06-18, 14:29
Thank you Pulisa. Appointment is in 5 minutes. I’m late because I missed the bus [emoji849]