PDA

View Full Version : I really am struggling please help

Noworryjonny
17-04-18, 18:58
I’m really worried I have crohns, I’ve spoken to a few different docs and they are convinced it’s just ibs made a lot worse with anxiety, my symptoms are:
Sore belly
Urge to poo a lot
Gas
Acid reflux
Please someone tell me I’m being silly, Ive been ok for so long and currently on a wobble

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KK77
17-04-18, 19:07
Long time no see, Jonny. Sorry you're back here with the HA beast rearing its ugly head again.

You can only do whatever has kept you away from here for so long. Remind yourself that this is a blip which will pass and that reassurance-seeking will not help.

Deep down you know the answer to your question ;)

nomorepanic
17-04-18, 19:08
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

Noworryjonny
17-04-18, 21:55
Long time no see, Jonny. Sorry you're back here with the HA beast rearing its ugly head again.

You can only do whatever has kept you away from here for so long. Remind yourself that this is a blip which will pass and that reassurance-seeking will not help.

Deep down you know the answer to your question ;)

Hey, I know I tried my best to stay away but I really need help, my stomach is all over the place and trying to convince myself anxiety can do this to me

Noworryjonny
20-04-18, 12:29
Hi guys, my belly constantly feels on edge like I constantly feel nervous and I feel like I need to go to the loo (number 2) I have a lot of gas and feel bloated, docs said I’m ok it’s just indigestion and anxiety,
How big of an impact does anxiety have on the gut

HackGame
20-04-18, 12:35
Most likely weakness and Irritable Bowel Syndrome. (IBS)

ServerError
20-04-18, 12:58
Anxiety and the gut are so closely linked that you could almost characterise anxiety as an illness of the mind and the digestive tract (as well as the nervous system).

vicky23
20-04-18, 14:27
Yeah it has a massive impact!

Noworryjonny
03-05-18, 23:19
Hi guys I have days where I feel I need to go to the loo (no 2) quite often and then days where I don’t need to go at all, there is no blood , stools are normal, and I’m not losing weight so is this tummy feeling and urge to go to the loo just anxiety and oversensitivity

nomorepanic
03-05-18, 23:35
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Noworryjonny
10-06-18, 11:40
Hi I had a calzone last week and felt fine up until 2 hours after and I had severe diarrhoea then felt better in the morning and I’ve felt fine all week and I had a large dominoes pizza last night and woke up today and my tummy hurts really badly and my stool is a little watery is this ibs or food intolerance or is this crohns my doc said it’s deffo not crohns but I’m worried

DonnaT
10-06-18, 12:25
I’ve had that, pizza with lots of cheese always does that. Have you thought about a food intolerances

Noworryjonny
10-06-18, 12:31
Yes that’s what I’m thinking the cheese might be the culprit but also last 3 days I’ve had for dinner McDonald’s, kfc and dominoes as I’m working away I’m eating rubbish :(

nomorepanic
10-06-18, 14:41
Hi

Noworryjonny
13-06-18, 22:26
How common are GI issues with anxiety? Doctors keep telling me they won’t test me for anything as I don’t have any red flag symptoms, I have a painful tummy like cramps / knot in stomach, occasional runny poo, a lot of gas and wind and bloating so they say it’s 100% ibs but I can’t help but worry,

Anxiousamyj
13-06-18, 23:06
So, so common. My anxiety wrecks my GI system and it takes months to recover from it for me.

nomorepanic
13-06-18, 23:17
Hi

HKD1986
14-06-18, 09:34
Your brain and your stomach are so tightly linked. My anxiety gets bad, which makes my tummy bad which makes my anxiety worse as I’m convinced there’s something wrong! It’s a vicious cycle. I had a good 6 weeks recently where my anxiety was very good and my tummy (loose stools) and pains literally disappeared so that’s what’s keeping me on track at the moment. I’m pretty sure if I had some deadly cancer it wouldn’t go away for 6 weeks? I haven’t actually been to the doctors (I’m petrified of them) but am pretty sure I have stress/anxiety related IBS which is very common.

Elen
14-06-18, 09:59
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

Noworryjonny
14-06-18, 10:40
It’s just so hard to accept anxiety can cause these feelings as well as ibs

Noworryjonny
16-06-18, 12:26
I am struggling so much, I have been told I have ibs but I just don’t believe it can be this bad! I’m convinced it’s more, I’ve had blood tests etc and they are fine but I have gas, I’m bloated, pain in belly, occasional bad diarrhoea after I eat pizza or fatty foods, I really need a reality check please

KK77
16-06-18, 13:01
I am struggling so much, I have been told I have ibs but I just don’t believe it can be this bad! I’m convinced it’s more, I’ve had blood tests etc and they are fine but I have gas, I’m bloated, pain in belly, occasional bad diarrhoea after I eat pizza or fatty foods, I really need a reality check please

You know junk food triggers IBS, Jonny, especially pizzas. Are you not watching diet? Do you eat rubbish as a "comfort" food or because of convenience?

pulisa
16-06-18, 13:24
You know junk food triggers IBS, Jonny, especially pizzas. Are you not watching diet? Do you eat rubbish as a "comfort" food or because of convenience?

KK is so right here. IBS can be a right pain literally and you need really pay attention to what you eat and avoid food which plays havoc with your gut.
You have absolutely no red flag symptoms, you're highly anxious and you have an IBS diagnosis. It all makes sense to me.

Noworryjonny
16-06-18, 13:41
Thanks guys I eat out of convenience and it’s just come out of the blue I used to always be able to eat rubbish now I can’t

ThroatGoat
16-06-18, 14:23
Every post of your's that mentions food seems to be junk food, and you're wondering why you have stomach issues? :)

Cut that crap food out, I used to get all your symptoms too when drinking soda and not eating well.

Noworryjonny
16-06-18, 14:24
I drink a lot of coke too so yea I’m not helping myself,An then once I’m aware of it I become hypersensitive to pain and that