PDA

View Full Version : STD Worry.

KieranH960
16-06-18, 17:28
Hey,
So I haven't used this website in a long while because Ive been doing ok, but now anxiety has crept back up and I need help again... A logical voice if you know what I mean?

On Sunday 10th June I had a hookup with a guy, and we used protection and all that jazz. But Afterwards I discovered that the condom had split on the side close to the tip, and I was unaware of if anything had leaked out into me or not.... (Sorry for the gross details).

Anyway, I went on a night out Monday 11th, Hungover Tuesday 12th, and when Wednesday 12th hit and the hangover was gone, I realised I had a flu. Body aches everywhere, headaches, very swollen throat / glands (to the point its painful to swallow and id rather not swallow anymore), tired all the time, cold all the time despite the fact its actually not cold (my friends keep asking me why I have a jacket on), coughing a lot (including phlegm) and ive had a nose bleed the other day... And more recently, Im waking up covered in sweat and when I go to feel my body for sweat its not actually sweaty its just really cold and I need to rub my body to get rid of the feeling of sweat being there.

So my worry is this. I was fine the first couple days, but now the more I think, the more old habits are coming back up and all I can think is 'what if this is the primary HIV infection stage'... and Its taking over my brain atm and I don't know what to do. I've been doing so well with health anxiety the past few years....

Thanks for any help given.

Bigboyuk
16-06-18, 17:45
Hi Kieran Just been reading your past posts on HIV worries, It's a very fragile virus for one, if you say had bleeding piles or fischers inside your ass then the risk does increase, any bodily fluids cant simply seep in to the skin and give you aids so the chances of you having HIV is virtually '0' By all means get a test most STI clinics can do a 20 min (poc) test and is accurate but I would say you haven't got it from what you mentioned mate :) ATB

mardem1
16-06-18, 19:07
Hi hun,
I defiantly can understand the worry.
I myself worry, when I was in high school I did not use condoms, I had a boyfriend and had sex with two other guys. One being my first love and the other not someone I had love feelings for. I got tested via blood test and did s cervical swab when I first was sexually active and nothing was there, fast forward a couple years later. In a realtionship with my first love right now and have been for a while, I have PCOS ( cysts on my ovaries ) so I go to gyno often but never thought a Pap smear was necessary and never was told that I should do a pee test and thought blood test caught everything. Basically I went with a yeast infection and was told I had chlamydia. Thankfully the yeast infection prompted me to do a Pap smear.. ANYWAYS my point is I don't think your going to get HIV OR AIDS. And im sharing a personally STI story just to relate to you. As someone with health anxiety and that only had sex with 3 guys in there life I was really scared and mad. My boyfriend now tested negative but he still toke antibiotics. I mostly contracted mine 3 year Ago and it was dormant in my system. Chlamydia and Gonorrhea have no symptoms for most women and only become concerning when left untreated for many years. Thankfully,the doctor explained I was not going to die and it was not super serious, I Toke 2 one time antibiotics for one day and thats all. The chance of contracting one of these silent and non deadly ones are much higher but still not as common as you think. Most STDS are treatable and when you freak out about HIV OR AIDS just remember its highly treatable now unlike before and people still love long lives. I know that doesn't ease your mind completely but should some. Get a Pap smear or pee test every year as well as blood test and try to relax and use a condom unless in a serious relationship and even then get tested together,.its your body and you clearly have anxiety on this topic.:yesyes:

---------- Post added at 13:07 ---------- Previous post was at 13:03 ----------

whoops missed the part that said you did use a condom and it split. Still not very likely your going to catch anything. I had unprotected sex many many times before with my ex boyfriend and once with the other person and that is why the chlamydia happened. I think you are good!