PDA

View Full Version : Elbowed in the temple

star68
17-06-18, 10:52
Hi, I am having anxiety at the moment, I got accidentally elbowed in my left temple four days ago. I had a flat bump, pain and burning sensation on the site of the knock that day. Next day I woke up with a headache, I went to A&E and the doctor said it was mild concussion. This morning two days after what I feel is a little tingling and burning where the knock is. Has anyone had experienced this after knocking their heads? Thank you.

tillyyyyy
17-06-18, 10:59
Hi, I am having anxiety at the moment, I got accidentally elbowed in my left temple four days ago. I had a flat bump, pain and burning sensation on the site of the knock that day. Next day I woke up with a headache, I went to A&E and the doctor said it was mild concussion. This morning two days after what I feel is a little tingling and burning where the knock is. Has anyone had experienced this after knocking their heads? Thank you.

You’re most likely just hyperaware of all the sensations in that area as you are thinking about it so much! I hit my head around 3 months ago and if I really think about it I could probably make it feel tingly or sore! You’re probably fine, so try some distraction techniques to take your mind off it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

star68
17-06-18, 11:44
Yes, you are right, I am feeling it to check if the bump still there and concentrating on it all the time. I am going to try and distract myself :)
Thank you for your answer.

star68
18-06-18, 08:05
Anybody has experienced a knock in the temple? Thanks.

ankietyjoe
18-06-18, 08:08
Probably hundreds of thousands of people.

You've been told you're fine by a medical professional, time to move on :)

Carnation
18-06-18, 09:40
I have star68.
From a window, elbow, another head, a picture falling on me, a metal post box, a table, a cricket ball and my cat! :D
Honestly, our skulls are there to protect us in instances like this. You will be fine and probably back to normal in a few days. :hugs: