PDA

View Full Version : Manual of the Warrior of Light

chris-t-o
27-07-07, 04:10
I keep this book by Paulo Coelho with me at all times, with bookmarks on some pages to remind me of certain things. This quote is the best, in my opinion, and it always gets a smile to my face:

When the master sees that the warrior is depressed, he says:

'You are not what you seem to be in these moments of sadness. You are better than that. Many have left - for reasons we will never understand - but you are still here. Why did God carry off all those amazing people and leave you?

By now, millions of people will have given up. They don't get angry, they don't weep, they don't do anything; they merely wait for time to pass. They have lost the ability to react.

You, however, are sad. That proves that your soul is still alive.'

Paddington
27-07-07, 14:27
Oh wow..i thought i had all his books..i must get this one:D he is a truly inspiring writer..i think you may like the 'way wyrd 'by Brian bates..another tale to give inspiration to others..Lovely to meet you.Love Paddie.xxxxxxxxxx

miff
27-07-07, 23:38
wow that was awesome
thanx for sharin christo:yesyes:

happyone
28-07-07, 09:12
I have to agree, that was quite some awesome quote.
Thank you, I am now off to E bay!
Happyone
xx

darkangel
28-07-07, 11:21
Hi

Thanks for sharing that a quote. Im going to tell you a little story, I am getting a new fitted kitchen and the surveyor came out to visit yesterday morning, he noticed that on the table I had a book lying called "A Gradual Awakening" by Stephen Levine and we got into a length converstation about books. To cut a long story short, he was recommending a book to me that he thought I would like called The Valkyries by Paulo Coelho!!! I had never heard of him but before I came on to this site I looked up his site to read some information and WOW I was well impressed. So just had to share that with you, now Im torn between your book and his recommendation - ah well I might just get both lol.

Just wanted to welcome you to this site too and Im delighted to meet you.

Darkangel :flowers:

Piglet
28-07-07, 13:03
I'm off to Amazon in a minute to look this author up.

Right up my street.:yesyes:

Love Piglet :flowers:

happyone
28-07-07, 15:33
Aaaaah! I have just sussed! You have this book for sale on E Bay and you want us all to outbid each other fir it!!! Good plan!
(I am only kidding, honest!)
Happyone
xx

Piglet
28-07-07, 17:24
Just been into town to look actually and he's brought out a book of quotes based on a few of his books and I really really liked it but it was £10 and I know I can get it cheaper online.

It was stuffed full of just the sort of thing that boosts me and gives me hope so I am going to look www.bookdepository.co.uk (http://www.bookdepository.co.uk) cos they ususally do very good deals and postage is free.

Paddington
31-07-07, 15:44
thanks for that link Piglet..just put it on faves:D i thinkyou would love ..'The way wyrd ' too..do look it up. it was out of print for ages but is back now:D a tale of two folk travelling ..on a quest type thing..wont give it away but it is very enlightening hun.Love Paddie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Piglet
03-08-07, 22:37
I received my Paulo Coelho book today - I got the 'Life selected Quotes' book, oh it has some lovely thought provoking quotes to read. :yesyes:

Thanks Pads will go and look up that book now.