PDA

View Full Version : Rubber band ligation

zebra
17-06-18, 15:47
Hi, has anyone ever had the rubber band ligation? I have 4 hemorrhoids, two of them already treated. Now i am 6 days after the 2.treatment. today when i went pee i found in the toilet bowl a bit of bright red blood. It was from the anus, i found it on the paper when i tried to wipe it.but i was only peeing.is that normal? Maybe the hemorrhoid passed out?
I had a colonoscopy in May and everything is clear, expect for the hemorrhoids of 3rd level

zebra
18-06-18, 09:51
Hi, no one has teh experience of bleeding after teh ruuber band ligation? :shrug:

nomorepanic
18-06-18, 15:01
Never had it so can't help, sorry.

Katie55
18-06-18, 16:50
I had this, it's when the haemorrhoids have shrivelled and fall off. I was told to expect this. I'm surprised you weren't warned! It's harmless

zebra
18-06-18, 17:55
I had this, it's when the haemorrhoids have shrivelled and fall off. I was told to expect this. I'm surprised you weren't warned! It's harmless

Oh, really? Y were bleeding also even if you hadnīt a stool? it happened only once, but no ruring bowel movement. thatīs because i was so surprised and scared in once. but it is what i thought..just the hemorrhoid went out... thank you so much!!!!:bighug1:

Katie55
18-06-18, 18:52
Sorry if this is too much information 😆 but I remember seeing blood in the toilet and on the paper and it wasn't after a poo. I think the dead haemorrhoid just decided to escape

zebra
18-06-18, 18:56
Sorry if this is too much information 😆 but I remember seeing blood in the toilet and on the paper and it wasn't after a poo. I think the dead haemorrhoid just decided to escape

super, so just the same as me.....i havenīt read abot it anywhwere...only that it can go away with the stool....:yesyes::shrug:

Katie55
18-06-18, 23:41
I think what you experienced was quite normal

zebra
19-06-18, 14:29
I think what you experienced was quite normal

Just came back from the proctologist and everything is fine he said. Even if the blood without stool is not as usual but it can happen...

Katie55
19-06-18, 22:32
Good, I hope you feel much better, i.e. less worried now.

zebra
28-07-18, 05:20
Hi, now i am 5 days after the 3rd treatment...this time no fissures and big pain after that but i have on the stool a bit of bloody mucus, it started on wednesday, day after the treatment and it is present til today..did anyone also have it? Thank you very much..

zebra
05-08-18, 06:32

Hi, i am sorry, again me. Now i am 12 days after my 3rd treatment. This time no fisure, no pain but i still.have a bit of bloody mucus on the stool, doctor told me it will be normal and to expert it during the first 5 days...did anyone have it also longer?

Katie55
05-08-18, 19:37
Hi again Zebra. It's 2 years since mine was done so can't remember time scales exactly but yes there was a bit of bloody mucus for a while that just gradually went away. Just think, a big thrombosed vein was tied off and fell off so if there wasn't slight bleeding it would be surprising. I think you'd only need to worry if the bleeding became much heavier

zebra
06-08-18, 06:00
Hi again Zebra. It's 2 years since mine was done so can't remember time scales exactly but yes there was a bit of bloody mucus for a while that just gradually went away. Just think, a big thrombosed vein was tied off and fell off so if there wasn't slight bleeding it would be surprising. I think you'd only need to worry if the bleeding became much heavier

:bighug1:

zebra
07-08-18, 07:19
Today i finally stopped bleeding but yesrerday i see on the stool a small piece of blood clot, like a blueberry..i guess also this could be normal..right?

WiseMonkey
07-08-18, 09:12
I'd say so and may go on for a while, until it heals.
Hopefully this will work for you, a friend of mine had to have an operation where they strip the veins out and this did fix her problem.

zebra
07-08-18, 09:23
Thank you

Katie55
07-08-18, 22:56
Yes unfortunately ligation doesn't have a great success rate long term. I ended up having something called THD which was a bit painful but not as bad as the pain I used to get sometimes from the piles. If you are offered it I would accept! Mine was done 18 months ago and it was a complete success.
As for the blueberry, that's likely to have been a bit of the pile that was tied off or an old clot from inside it. Don't forget we all heal at different rates and if you're told that you will see such and such a thing at about 5 days, it's just an average. Some people might heal in 2 days, some could be 2 weeks but it doesn't mean anything is wrong.

zebra
10-09-18, 05:24
Hi, i am 12 days after my 4.-last-rubber band ligation treatment.and today i found this on the toilet paper...i guess it is the ligation...did anyone notice it 12 weeks after the treatment? I read on the web the ligation will fall off in couple of days..

zebra
10-09-18, 05:43
here the gum...

zebra
22-10-18, 19:00
Hi, me again...now i am 13 days after the last treatmemt..4 hemorrhoid nodules are treated.i had small bleeding cca 3 days after the treatment...then it was ok and today again...a bit of fresh red blood on the surface odlf the stool and on the paper and few in the toilet...did anyone have the same? Is something wrong with me? Colonoscopy in april clear...

zebra
23-10-18, 15:07
Nobody with experience of bleeding after rubber band ligation/gum??