PDA

View Full Version : Blood in Spit

liamliam
17-06-18, 18:39
I’m currently on a 2 week holiday and am having a lot of trouble with my health anxiety. Earlier on today, I cleared my throat and spat (TMI sorry) and there was a tiny streak of blood in it around half a centre meter. I don’t have a sore throat or any visible bleeding in my mouth, nor have I got a cough. I’m so worried that this could be something serious, specifically C and it’s driving me up the wall.

I plan to go to the doctor as soon as I get home in a week but for now I’m stuck here in a different country panicking and its ruining not only my holiday but my friends as I’m constantly ruminating and unable to have any fun.

If anyone’s experienced this before or can offer any advice to help me through this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Carnation
17-06-18, 22:50
I've had this a few times and rushed myself off to the dentist to be told it comes from the gums. He told me, "More brushing, be gentle, and brush underneath. The other reason could actually come from your nose, especially in the heat and if you suffer with hay fever or sinuses. Pin pricks of blood is very common, so don't let it spoil your holiday. :)

AmyNelson89
18-06-18, 06:44
If it's hot outside your pressure can go up and this usually causes the blood. I don't think that this is something super serious but of course visit the doctor once you are back.