PDA

View Full Version : Had follow up ultrasound on a lymph node today, so worried!!

Leslie735
18-06-18, 16:31
I had an ultrasound back on 1/24/18 on a lymph node I can feel. It measured 9.7 mm x 4.1 mm rubbery and movable. Dr deemed it reactive but had me do a follow up in 4-6 months. Had it done this morning... It says it's 7 x 7 x 3 mm compared to 4 x 7 x 10 mm. Impression at the end of the report "half not significantly changed since 1/24/18."

Oh and it says it had a sonolucet cortex and a echogenic hilum with vascular flow centrally.

I'm so confused!!!!! Now I'm panicking! I see my ENT on Wednesday but in the meantime Im freaking out. :(

ktdid2000
18-06-18, 16:46
It seems like it shrunk in some ways and stayed about the same in others.

I would think the ENT might call this one stable.

If it were something bad it would grow a LOT in almost 6 months.

My 6 year old has had an enlarged lymph node behind his ear for about 4 years now - never changed, I can feel it and see it.

Sometimes they just pop up for no reason. :shrug:

Leslie735
18-06-18, 16:50
Oh and it says it had a sonolucet cortex and a echogenic hilum with vascular flow centrally.

---------- Post added at 15:50 ---------- Previous post was at 15:48 ----------

It seems like it shrunk in some ways and stayed about the same in others.

I would think the ENT might call this one stable.

If it were something bad it would grow a LOT in almost 6 months.

My 6 year old has had an enlarged lymph node behind his ear for about 4 years now - never changed, I can feel it and see it.

Sometimes they just pop up for no reason. :shrug:

Thanks! I'm.so confused since the measurements are different from my past report. My theory is...I'm wondering if the 10 mm is the 9.7 mm rounded and the 4 is also rounded and they left out middle number.

ktdid2000
18-06-18, 17:32
I would not pretend to know what those words mean, nor will I google. :P

I do think you're focusing on things besides "...not significantly changed since 1/24/18"

That's what I would take away from this report.

Leslie735
18-06-18, 17:36
I would not pretend to know what those words mean, nor will I google. :P

I do think you're focusing on things besides "...not significantly changed since 1/24/18"

That's what I would take away from this report.

I'm trying! I'm trying to grasp at the good things but there was a little change and that is what scares me.

ktdid2000
18-06-18, 17:41
OK, so I couldn't help myself. But I did find this:

"Typical normal or reactive nodes are small, oval (L/S
> 2) or elongated, with sharp margins, present an echogenic
central hilum and a hypoechoic, uniformly thick peripheral
parenchyma, with no or central hilar vascularization
of low impedance. The size and appearance do not change
over time or there is progressive shrinking [14]. However,
irregular margins, hypoechoic center or absence of hilum
in were found in 7 – 9% of reactive lymph nodes [6]. "

So sounds normal to me?

Leslie735
18-06-18, 17:57
Yea that's all good! Thanks but it did grow a little. :(

lofwyr
18-06-18, 17:59
Lymph nodes can grow and shrink often. "A little" growth is no worry at all. Seems like it looks normal to me. My son had four of them bigger than yours that stayed large for three years before going away as suddenly as they came on.

Leslie735
18-06-18, 18:02
Lymph nodes can grow and shrink often. "A little" growth is no worry at all. Seems like it looks normal to me. My son had four of them bigger than yours that stayed large for three years before going away as suddenly as they came on.

Thank you that's comforting!

Leslie735
19-06-18, 11:56
Anyone else? Im so scared!!

ThroatGoat
19-06-18, 12:59
I'm suffering with a bout of node phobia again, but my doctor reassured me that as long as they are not "large, immovable, hard, and growing" then they're not worried about them.

You said your's is rubbery, movable, and the measurements are all under 1CM right? So it's not large, it sounds like it might have changed shape a little bit, but it's not growing much at all is it?

It sounds fine to me, but I'm no doctor! :D

Leslie735
19-06-18, 13:52
I'm suffering with a bout of node phobia again, but my doctor reassured me that as long as they are not "large, immovable, hard, and growing" then they're not worried about them.

You said your's is rubbery, movable, and the measurements are all under 1CM right? So it's not large, it sounds like it might have changed shape a little bit, but it's not growing much at all is it?

It sounds fine to me, but I'm no doctor! :D

I'm so sorry you're are experiencing node anxiety, too. I hate it! I had managed to be mostly be ok with it until about a week or so ago. I had peace going into yesterday but now I'm so scared it grew! :(

Leslie735
20-06-18, 13:15
Today is my appointment with the ENT to discuss my results. I'm completely terrified this node grew and I'm in for scary tests. :(

ThroatGoat
20-06-18, 14:27
Let us know how it goes, and try not to worry! (Easier said than done I know :D)

Leslie735
20-06-18, 14:58
Thank you! I'm so so scared.

susie1
20-06-18, 18:49
Hi Have been following your posts. How did you get on?

Leslie735
20-06-18, 20:47
I just got back home. Everything went well, thank God!! The ENT wasn't concerned at all. He told me it's either taking it's sweet time to go away or it's a shotty node. He said because it has a cortex and hilum (might not have said that right) is good signs and it moves and small. I go back in 6-8 months for him to check it again.

susie1
20-06-18, 20:51
Hi That's great news. |Now you can relax and enjoy living.

Halle0587
21-06-18, 01:58
Fantastic news Leslie!

Leslie735
21-06-18, 04:30
Thanks!! ��

Lon
21-06-18, 06:07
That's great! I currently have a swollen node myself. It's the first time it's ever happened to me but I have also heard that sometimes they simply stay like that for a long time, especially if one keeps irritating it by poking or pushing it (which i am guilty of). I'm glad you follow up went well. Stay strong, you're doing great!