PDA

View Full Version : Heat and Anxiety?

BazB44
18-06-18, 22:49
Hi everyone, my anxiety levels have skyrocketted since its become hot and humid in my Washington DC area. I literally cant function well. I feel dizzy, fatigued, vision feels off, i feel weak, the world feels like its unreal, i stumble over my words when speaking, i get hot flash type feelings, throat/mouth gets too dry and quickly. I notice it gets better when i eat something, or sit in a nice cool area. It gets worse when i drink caffeine beverages.

I know these can be symptoms of thyroid or blood sugar problems, but does anyone get issues with heat with their anxiety?

fbmb
19-06-18, 02:32
Oh yes. I hate summer. Hate it. My anxiety makes me hot and I have a fear of fainting. When it’s hot and humid I about lose my mind. I much prefer the cold. I feel my heart beating in my limbs when I’m hot. It totally freaks me out. I hate the heat. Hate it.

kivyt73
20-06-18, 01:31
Me too and I live in the DC area as well. I feel like I can't breathe in this heat, my morning walks are more difficult and I have to fight panic because of the choking air...I know how you feel. It rained today and is supposed to be cooler tomorrow :)