PDA

View Full Version : New

Layla Lou
27-07-07, 14:05
Hi,

I'm layla, im 18 and im a student.
About 2 years ago i used to suffer from panic attacks when i went to busy places such as pubs or shopping centres. I also suffered from them when i am away from home for more than a night or two. My doctor reffered me to a psychologist but as i was still at school i didnt feel mature enough to spek about things with a stranger even though she could of helped. Eventually they stopped though and i got my life back to normal.

Now 2 years later, i have moved in with my boyfriend who i am really happy with but the panic attacks have begun again, when im alone in the apartment or at a night time when we're going to sleep i find it impossible and have to get my boyfriend to drive me back to my home where my dad lives, once we get there i am fine and go to sleep straight away my boyfriend is blaming himself and its making our first week of living together not very good! in the week we have had to go back to my family home to stay three times and its just not acceptable grounds fro my relationship.

quite i long introduction i know, but Hi! xxx

Paddington
27-07-07, 14:16
Hello Layla[wat a lovely name:) ]it is lovely to meet you:flowers: You have come to the right place for support and advice hun:yesyes: I would think it is simply the change of environment that had made you have this wibble[,my word for the dreaded anxiety symptoms!]try not to lookat the anxiety ..fear feeds on fear:ohmy: look on the first steps part of the site..and all the help threads too:flowers: you have beaten this once and you can do it again..acceptance is the key i think..so i feel panicky..so what:shrug: took me a long time to accept it but it makes life so much easier..you boyfriend should not feel bad ..hey let him come on here too maybe ..it will help him understand:) You dont need guilt on top of the anxiety hun do you.You feel safe at home ..it is as simple as that..you will feel safe in your new home too..baby steps Layla..that's the best way forward:) Any way..welcome:flowers: Love Paddie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lindalou64
27-07-07, 14:31
hi layla
welcome sounds like the "changes" alot of people who suffer w/anxiety,panic disorders dont do so well with them,but in time you will ya just have to try and stick it out and they will subside in ya new place,i always tell myself i can leave if i must..and i never do its the knowing you can,try that ...wish ya the best.....Linda x

trac67
27-07-07, 17:50
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xx

manmoor
27-07-07, 18:02
Hi Layla,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

honeybee3939
27-07-07, 18:46
Hi layla

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice, support and make new friends too.:)

love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx

groovygranny
27-07-07, 19:17
Hello LaylaLou:welcome:to you!

Really doesn't matter how long or short your introduction - the fact you're here is the what's important!:)

Now you're two years older, do you think you may be able to cope with tallking to a counsellor or such-like now?

Personally that was a very good step for me along with finding this site - and I haven't looked back since! (well, now and again I do just to remind myself how far I've come lol !)

Pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

Nibbles
27-07-07, 19:18
Hi Layla and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while meeting new friends along the way. You're not going back home every night which is worthy of a pat on the back. :yesyes: Maybe in the day you could write some coping strategies and positive thoughts down such as phoning home when feeling panicky.

Take care,

nomorepanic
27-07-07, 19:37
Hi Layla

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

I bet it is just the change of environment that is causing the problems but in time you should settle down ok.

Hope we can be of some help to you on here.

Pink Princess
27-07-07, 19:55
hi there and welcome to the site

http://www.neopianlights.com/New%20Page%202_files/Welcome-Sign1.jpg

love minnie xxxxx

Southern_Belle
29-07-07, 18:31
Hi Layla,

Welcome to NMP. I agree with the others regarding the many changes in your life. You will find many here who will give their support.

Laura :)