PDA

View Full Version : Anesthetic when you have a cold

megsi99
19-06-18, 00:55
I have a cystoscopy scheduled tomm that requires sedation/anesthetic. I called the dr today because I started getting a sore throat and sinus drainage and the instructions in the mail said to do so if I got those symptoms.

The nurse talked to the anesthiologist who said to call in the morning and say how I’m feeling. If it’s the same, they’ll do it. If worse, reschedule. Should I be worried about this? I don’t want to go through with it if it’s not safe. Has anyone gone through something similar?

MyNameIsTerry
19-06-18, 05:40
Safety is the reason they tell you to contact them so they can assess whether to cancel or whether it's safe to go ahead. If they were unsure they would reschedule.

The doctor obviously feels your current symptoms won't cause any issues for the procedure.

If you are worried the best advice on why they make these assessments will come from them. They can reassure you about why it is safe to proceed.

nomorepanic
19-06-18, 12:46
Can I ask why you are having sedation for a cystoscopy.

I had one last year and they never even mention sedation - not that I would have had it anyway.

It really is a quick and painless procedure so do you really need to be sedated for it?