PDA

View Full Version : Scared i have rabies

Personguy82
19-06-18, 01:21
Hi i've been scared about having rabies for a long time now before about 6 months ago i had some symptoms and broke down about it and now, i have symptoms that occur when a person has rabies and its scaring me alot like a stiff neck, confusion, dry mouth and stuff like that it has been about a week it all started when it was a little hard to breathe at night at about 1 am and I had a mini panic attack because I thought I couldnt breathe at all and I felt dizzy and weird after that that makes me think that its all anxiety but its really hard to resolve this and my mom thinks all the symptoms are becuase of the computer and stuff like that. it might also be Lyme but I'm scared. I have never really been bitten by something because I don't go outside much and the last time I've been on a camping trip was about 5 years ago my dogs don't have rabies they have their shots up to date I've looked through all the causes and none of them fit.

AMomentofClarity
19-06-18, 02:14
How could you have rabies if you weren’t bitten by anything?

ZanVaelius
19-06-18, 07:41
Plus if you started to have symptoms as early as 6 months ago you would be pushing up daisies by now if you had rabies. Once you have symptoms you are a goner usually within 10 days. So positive thoughts :) Don't worry about it.

paranoid-viking
19-06-18, 09:00
Hi i've been scared about having rabies for a long time now before about 6 months ago i had some symptoms and broke down about it and now, i have symptoms that occur when a person has rabies and its scaring me alot like a stiff neck, confusion, dry mouth and stuff like that it has been about a week it all started when it was a little hard to breathe at night at about 1 am and I had a mini panic attack because I thought I couldnt breathe at all and I felt dizzy and weird after that that makes me think that its all anxiety but its really hard to resolve this and my mom thinks all the symptoms are becuase of the computer and stuff like that. it might also be Lyme but I'm scared. I have never really been bitten by something because I don't go outside much and the last time I've been on a camping trip was about 5 years ago my dogs don't have rabies they have their shots up to date I've looked through all the causes and none of them fit.

If you have had rabies....YOU WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO SIT AND TYPE ALL THESE THINGS ON AN INTERNET BOARD! No yes but....no! Not possible! Not at all! Besides, if you STARTED to have "rabies symptoms" 6 MONTHS AGO you would not be anywhere near anything now, except for in a grave five feet under. To put it simple, you wuld be dead. Dead! No "yes, but...." You would be dead. Period. Finished. When symptoms occur, the victim dies within 5 days. And you sit here 6 months later....come on!

You have an irrational health anxiety and absolutely EVERY one of these "symptoms" you describe comes from panic attacks that are caused by panic attacks and nothing else and YOU MUST SEEK PROFESIONAL HELP FOR YOUR ANXIETY! Anxiety is quite bad in itself because it can ruin your life quality so seek help.

---------- Post added at 10:00 ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 ----------

Plus if you started to have symptoms as early as 6 months ago you would be pushing up daisies by now if you had rabies. Once you have symptoms you are a goner usually within 10 days. So positive thoughts :) Don't worry about it.

My experience with severe anxiety is that it has very little to do with facts and rationality. It is a quite heavy disorder when sometimes even established medical and scientific facts does not help. I hope it helps for the OP though.

Personguy82
19-06-18, 20:52
If you have had rabies....YOU WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO SIT AND TYPE ALL THESE THINGS ON AN INTERNET BOARD! No yes but....no! Not possible! Not at all! Besides, if you STARTED to have "rabies symptoms" 6 MONTHS AGO you would not be anywhere near anything now, except for in a grave five feet under. To put it simple, you wuld be dead. Dead! No "yes, but...." You would be dead. Period. Finished. When symptoms occur, the victim dies within 5 days. And you sit here 6 months later....come on!

You have an irrational health anxiety and absolutely EVERY one of these "symptoms" you describe comes from panic attacks that are caused by panic attacks and nothing else and YOU MUST SEEK PROFESIONAL HELP FOR YOUR ANXIETY! Anxiety is quite bad in itself because it can ruin your life quality so seek help.

---------- Post added at 10:00 ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 ----------

My experience with severe anxiety is that it has very little to do with facts and rationality. It is a quite heavy disorder when sometimes even established medical and scientific facts does not help. I hope it helps for the OP though.

thank you for the reply most likely a panic attack yea but i've been having shooting pains and stuff like that can you explain becuase if i look it up ill just become more anxious :)

Fishmanpa
20-06-18, 00:44
I have never really been bitten by something because I don't go outside much and the last time I've been on a camping trip was about 5 years ago my dogs don't have rabies they have their shots up to date

Having never been bitten, as well as knowing what the symptoms are, incubation period etc. you know you don't have it. May I ask what the thought process is that leads you to thinking you do? :shrug:

Positive thoughts

Personguy82
20-06-18, 20:35
Having never been bitten, as well as knowing what the symptoms are, incubation period etc. you know you don't have it. May I ask what the thought process is that leads you to thinking you do? :shrug:

Positive thoughts

we had a rat problem a while ago