PDA

View Full Version : Stomach Happenings

goodman
19-06-18, 03:17
Hi folks...

Im a first time poster in this thread as I've never really been worried about stomach issues before..... maybe that's my answer right there?! But a few happenings of late i wanted some thoughts on...

Anyways.. I'm a 39 year old male.. reasonabley healthy... with Heath Anxiety.. Suprise!

I suffer from Anxiety related GERD or GORD and take a Pariet tablet every other day.

My diet is ok but can be better... dont drink alcohol etc but love Dark Chocolate and Diet Pepsi! I would drink maybe 1ltr per day some days....

Last week i experienced really bad stomach pain... felt bloated and belched at no end. I had eaten a Greasy Burger which might have had something to do with it.... i actually had to make myself sick it was that bad.

Then 2 days later... same thing.... i had eaten a Donught. Something i dont usually eat.... same thing happened!

Yesterday at work i became anxious around the same time the stomach started to play up... i hadn't eaten anything other than a breakfast bar and a small low fat milk..... yesterday was the worse it was... i wasnt crippled over but it really was painful. All of these times i never had ibs or poo after but i have in the past.

I decided to make an appointment with my GP and when i got there i was anxious at what he would say.... i was thinking maybe appendicitis or Gall stones stuff who knows. He pushed and poked my stomach when laying down and there was no pain at all but i was really belching.... he kind of laughed and said wow you do have some wind in there.

He told me to get some De Gas tablets and see how it goes for a few days and if still playing up he would run some tests. I see the value in waiting as these things can settle and obviously it wasn't an Emergency.

I feel perhaps i might go back in 2 days if i get it again and say sorry but i think we need to look at it more deeply.... in the back of my mind I'm sure it's anxiety related but that little what if is always there.

Thanks in advance. :)

---------- Post added at 11:47 ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 ----------

**** pain bloating is around the right side and higher up... but i have felt it lower and on the left before. Cheers

goodman
19-06-18, 08:58
Been ok today... took some Mintec before food.... a little belching etc after but none of those pains...

goodman
19-06-18, 21:01
Anyone got any advice etc or thoughts?

Scass
19-06-18, 21:46
Hello,
Sorry I don’t have much advice. It seems like you have it in hand with your doctor. Could you try keeping a food & symptoms diary to chart what’s going on? That might prove useful for you and your doctor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

goodman
19-06-18, 22:54
Thanks mate... Yeah have to have a look at that for sure

Catherine S
20-06-18, 00:46
I tend to think your overly gassy stomach and stomach problems in general could be down to the daily litre of diet Pepsi you've been drinking for a very long time. That can't be doing you much good and I'm surprised your doctor hasn't made the connection to be honest.

Cath ☺

Meriland30
21-06-18, 10:53
Diet soda is extremely bad for your digestive system.

The fact that you are having right sided pains mainly after eating greasy foods all points to gallstones (very common), or IBS. Get checked for both, and if it is neither (actually you should really do this anyway) seriously cut back on the amount of soda you drink and replace what is acceptable to drink (a normal glassful) with regular soda. Diet soda is bad for your health and aspartame significantly increases chances of getting blood cancer. Also, if you are eating donuts and cheeseburgers anyway, 'diet' soda is pointless.

goodman
21-06-18, 11:09
Thanks all for the replies.... yes I have been instructed to cut it right back. I went back to the GP today and he said that would be contributing.. I actually didn't tell him this the other day.... he gave me a look when i told him that! Those foods are a very rare foods.. i eat well home cooked meals... fruit and vegetables etc.

Today he wants me to take my pariet morning and night and gave me Maxolon to take PRN to help empty the stomach better. Wants me to go back next week and check back in and go from there.... he thinks its more acid based as i havnt had any pains since Monday and no pain when pushing stomach points..

So basically cut the Diet Soda right out yeah? What about Diet Cordial has that got the same stuff in it?

My daughter has also gone on a 3 week holiday with her Mum overseas so i have been a bit anxious about that also.

Thanks for the replies..

Deep Blue
22-06-18, 20:57
Hope everything turns out. OK for you. I have some similar symptoms; much belching, vague stomach discomfort and just occasionally, really bad pain, high on the right side.
Ultrasound scan revealed multiple gallstones. Apparently the bad pain can be intermittent.
I had a reasonable diet, vegetarian, low fat. No soda!
So I think you were very wise to get checked out & keep an eye on your symptoms, without doing what I did, panic!
Good luck.

goodman
23-06-18, 04:04
Thanks for the reply Deep Blue.. I must say after cutting Diet Soda pretty much right out i have already felt much better. I'm sure thats helping along with the 5 day med increase and so forth. The pain wasn't that bad to be honest like it didn't criple me... I've been told gall stones leave people in agony... it was just uncomfortable and bloating and belching i was like stuff this I'm getting this checked.

I go back to my GP on Tuesday and if nothing comes out of it at least Ive given away that diet soda shit. The withdrawls are so bad! Headaches ugghhhhh!!!!

goodman
01-07-18, 08:04
Thought i would give a quick update.. after the 5 days of Pariet morning and night and the Maxolon twice a day prn things settled nicely. My stomach seemed to benefit from stopping the diet soda.

I went back on the Thursday and we went back to one a day Pariet and Maxolon at night then only prn. No more pains and belching stopped. So he thinks it was due to that initial reflux issue that flared things up and took a bit to settle.

It was good to get it checked out and understand the stomach and that a bit better. It certainly is affected by anxiety thats for sure. Cheers.