PDA

View Full Version : Can this Dog Lick make me sick?

Trbfan
19-06-18, 11:21
I took my dog out a little while ago, he went #2, on the way around to come back in apparently he ran into a patch of some sticker burrs, the small annoying ones, and he has long hair so he had a bunch stuck to him. So I was fighting with him to try and get them untangled, and he was fighting. I saw he licked his butt when I was starting to try to get them out. I got him to lay down and I was leaning over him and getting em off of him, and he reached his head up and licked me in the face near the mouth maybe hit my lips. I immediately went and rinsed my mouth out with water and mouthwash and wiped my face with soap and water..

But of course now I cant get it out of the back of my head that I could have gotten some worm or parasite, because it was right after he went and came back in and licked himself.

Marie2016
19-06-18, 11:37
Hey!

I would try not to worry to be honest. I have a dog and she frequently pins me down and licks my face (she’s a bit obsessed wih licking) I obviously try and keep her away from my mouth but she’s definately got my lips before and I was fine.
In terms of your dog just having licked itself, they do that all the time so I don’t think the timing would make much difference.
I really wouldn’t be concerned if it were me but seeing as you have mouth washed and washed your face really well then I’m sure it will be totally fine ��

Trbfan
19-06-18, 11:56
Yea I know people let their dogs lick em all the time, it was just time it happened right after he went to the bathroom that I guess freaked me out. My dog has licked me there before, just not right after doing that. He atleast doesnt eat his poop like a lot of dogs do, so that should help things a bit.

Bigboyuk
19-06-18, 12:26
Yes Iam one of those people Trbfan. My dog (Nipper) licks me lots of times I have had her since 8 weeks old she is now 10 years old and I have never been sick once :) You will be fine the love a dog can give (to me) is far better than a person can give as dogs aren't judgemental and love you as you are and for what you are :) HTH ATB

venusbluejeans
19-06-18, 12:39
Yes Iam one of those people Trbfan my dog licks me lots of times I have had her since 8 weeks old she is now 10 years old and I have never been sick once :)

I just read that as your dog was called Trbfan..... and thought... "wow what a coincidence"... then "wow, what a mouthful to shout when you are out for a walk" :roflmao:

but Trbfan absolutely nothing to worry about at all.

Bigboyuk
19-06-18, 13:11
I just read that as your dog was called Trbfan..... and thought... "wow what a coincidence"... then "wow, what a mouthful to shout when you are out for a walk" :roflmao:

but Trbfan absolutely nothing to worry about at all.No it was a punctuation error on my part VBJ ;) My dog is called Nipper lol, but she doesn't bite only licks you to death :roflmao: ATB

lofwyr
19-06-18, 15:49
I am basically covered in dog spit half the time. I love my 3 dogs, they are a big part of keeping my anxiety at bay. I have had many, many dogs over the years, including growing up with 75 sled dogs. I have been exposed to every form of dog grossness you can imagine, and probably some you can't, or at least wouldn't want to, including grossness from both ends of the dog.

In my 47 years, I have had precisely zero dog or pet related illnesses.