PDA

View Full Version : Feel sick, off balance and dizzy for months + headaches

Emilychazza98
19-06-18, 14:07
For months now I've had headaches that come suddenly, I feel very sick and off balance and started dropping things.i always feel like I've got a virus or something too. I'm terrified of a brain tumour or other cancers that have spread.

I've just been offered a job that will allow my future to be so much better and I'm scared as I feel I'm dying of cancer.

What does this sound like? Sounds exactly like brain tumour symptoms to me as it's getting worse

AMomentofClarity
19-06-18, 15:45
I’ve had a lot of what you describe, especially the dizziness and off balance * headaches from anxiety. The more you dwell on it, the worse it gets. It’s also normal to get increased HA when a positive life event occurs, you worry you’ll never get to see it through. Just look at the number of mothers of young children who struggle with it here.

Nobody can say do/don’t get checked by a doctor, but automatically jumping to brain tumor is a bit extreme.

bchrismar
20-06-18, 20:48
I'll bet you no one in the history of this forum's existence has ever had a brain tumor, nor will they ever. My brother in law has literal brain tumors and you know what he's not doing? Digging around on anxiety websites.

We're here becuase we have stress disorder fueled by anxiety.

Now that said, these things can be tricky... getting checked out can be good. I'm a couple months into major balance/dizziness issues which I attribute to stress disorder.
I've had these symptoms before but rarely so sustained. (Daily, all day.)

So, life has to go on. We have to reduce stress... and give the body time and space to heal itself. The body/mind won't heal itself with us digging around looking for brain tumors online, etc.

I've read many success stories of people overcoming dizzy spells, balance issues. It takes time and patience. I've overcome many other things stress disorder has thrown at me. This is just the current test in the journey.

Perhaps some others can weigh in here with their experience and add some positivity to the discussion, those who have had some success getting past this condition. I'll certainly update this once I do.

bchrismar
26-06-18, 00:15
Bumping this for someone who was asking about dizzy/off-balance symptoms.

Also wanted to mention, be careful with advice here. You're going to hear a lot of "inner ear disorder" and "blood pressure" talk. While yes those things can cause the problem, they are usually VERY different in how they present.

People like repeating what they've seen on message boards and any time you mention balance, people parrot what they've heard. You can certainly get checked out by an ENT.
But ear disorders and blood pressure are REALLY specific in how they show up. They're almost never just vague dizziness... nervousness about it.... off-balance when walking... or related to eye movement, etc.

If you are here, THE FIRST most likely reason for ANY symptom you have is probably anxiety. Yes, we should be responsible. But be really careful about the "medical" advice here.
If you feel you have to have medical advice, that's what doctors are for.

Dizziness and off-balance feelings are easily the #1 complaint with anxiety/stress disorder according to multiple sources like AnxietyCentre.

jray23
26-06-18, 02:54
But ear disorders and blood pressure are REALLY specific in how they show up. They're almost never just vague dizziness... nervousness about it.... off-balance when walking... or related to eye movement, etc.

Your post is spot on but I do have to object to your description of inner ear disorders. It's correct that there is usually a specific circumstance that brings it on or worsens it), but that specific circumstance can very well be walking, or eye movement, head movement, etc. I know because I have diagnosed bilateral vestibular weakness this past winter (shown on tests, cause still trying to be determined but probably vestibular neuritis) and before starting vestibular rehab therapy it was always worse when walking and even now I can feel it a bit with rapid eye and especially head movements. And of course it caused extreme anxiety for quite some time! I'm still not sure if my anxiety alleviated from finally accepting the diagnosis that it was inner ears and not "impending death" or if it's because the symptoms started to fade away.

That said the post here doesn't sound anything like an ear problem from anything I've read about ear/balance problems. Dizziness is of course one of the most common ways anxiety manifests.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Emilychazza98
11-07-18, 13:36
I still have headach everyday and feel off balance and really sick. The headache has got alot worse which is in the front of my head. Not sure if it's sinus related at the moment. I've also developed tonsil stones which I've never had before.

I wear my glasses so it can't be my sight that's causing it.

It's like I'm just waiting for a seizure to happen or to pass out. I drop things with my right hand alot and always feel like I'm going to fall over. What other things can cause this

Scass
11-07-18, 17:56
Have you been to the doctor about it? I looked back over your previous posts & your doctor had said to go back for tests if they’re still happening.

Other causes: anxiety, eye strain, bad posture, thirst, anxiety again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Emilychazza98
11-07-18, 19:08
Ive got one booked for next monday. now its making me think that if they wanted me in for more tests then they thought it was something bad. ive got a sore throat at the moment and just feel really bad.not had these types of headaches before so was either thinking a virus or a sinus infection

venusbluejeans
11-07-18, 22:44
This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Emmz