PDA

View Full Version : Tight feeling in front right of neck

OntarioStormChasing
19-06-18, 17:11
So for the last few days I've had a weird tight feeling (tension?) in the front right part of my neck. There is no lumps in the area, it's not sore at all even if I put lots of pressure on it, and it's only when I rotate my head far downwards, upwards, or a decent amount to the right. There is no pain or tightness when I swallow and my voice isn't affected. It just kind of started 3-4 days ago and hasn't gotten any better or worse really, and it seemingly depends on how much I think about it - at the worst times when I'm panicking about it being something awful it'll tighten right up to uncomfortable levels but when I'm distracted I can't feel it.

Me being the way I am, decided to google it and my brain is now convinced it's cancer or some other horrible disease. Thanks health anxiety! :yesyes:

Has anyone else had anything like this before? Did you figure out what it was? If it helps I was at the dentist last week and after holding my mouth open for that long my neck was really sore for a few hours afterwards. I hope someone can give me a clear answer for what this could be, I'm having horrible anxiety about it and every 5 minutes I can't help but think "What if it's throat cancer?" or something.

To clarify on the feeling, all it really feels like is whatever muscle is there is tightening itself out of my control. If you rotate your neck far to one side, enough that your skin starts to bunch up/rub against itself, it kinda feels like that but right under the skin.

OntarioStormChasing
23-06-18, 04:49
Hate to be bumping my own thread, but over the last 3 days I've noticed it's been less of that specific area feeling tight and it's just kinda my neck in general being a bit tight from stress. I can still feel a bit of tightness in the original area described though. My work entirely revolves around computers, and I don't have the best posture (my sitting positions are usually pretty awful in terms of that...), could that be my problem? I feel like if it was cancer, it wouldn't "get better" after suddenly appearing one day, nor would it feel like a singular muscle being tight...

I'm still going to see a doctor if it persists another 2 weeks (that's a good timeframe, right?) but hopefully if I do have to, it'll just be my awful posture combined with horrible anxiety.

Edit: Seems like after a hot shower, at least for a while, the feelings mostly go away. Good sign?