PDA

View Full Version : C shaped light flash after moving eyes to the side quickly

Mostu
20-06-18, 15:38
22 male here, untreated astigmatism in right eye since a kid.

Recently I became really anxious about a brain tumor/ms and I've been freaking out about all of my senses - I "had" dysphagia, dysphasia, tingling in fingers, tinnitus and so on. Most of my "symptoms" went away after getting reassured by doctors and online. Anyways, I've been paying close attention to my vision recently. I've been checking my peripheral vision, if i have pain on movement of eye and so on. Today though, when I was at school, I was kinda jolting my eyes left and right, and consistently after looking left, I was noticing C shaped white flash of light that lasted a split second. Of course my anxiety kicked in and I started to do it since couple of hours. Sometimes I can recreate it, sometimes I can't. I'm tired of looking right and left so here I am. I hope that it just falls under the same category as getting floaters when rubbing eyes or something.

Fishmanpa
20-06-18, 15:41
So you're performing bizarre self-testing behaviors that no normal human being would ever do and experiencing a strange symptom? Go figure! :lac:

Positive thoughts

Nervousmommy
22-06-18, 19:02
THis happened to me a few months ago. It totally freaked me out. I got my eyes checked by an ophthalmologist and everything looked fine. It subsided after a few days but I still have a bit of an after image at times. I think maybe it was a blood vessel.

LilyLabVA
02-03-20, 18:55
I have something similar going on now, you can read my latest post. How did things turn out for you? Did this happen to you in a light environment or dim? Mine is usually against a white wall in my office.

Fishmanpa
02-03-20, 19:10
I have something similar going on now, you can read my latest post. How did things turn out for you? Did this happen to you in a light environment or dim? Mine is usually against a white wall in my office.

So you're performing bizarre self-testing behaviors that no normal human being would ever do and experiencing a strange symptom? Go figure!

Positive thoughts

NancyW
04-03-20, 02:22
I've been paying close attention to my vision recently. I've been checking my peripheral vision

Why??