PDA

View Full Version : Freaking out - taken Sertraline dose again tonight by accident

littleme92
20-06-18, 22:40
Hi

So to cut a long story short I am on 200mg Sertraline which I take in the morning. I am also on 150mg pregabalin which I take twice a day, once at morning and once at night. Tonight, I don't know why but for some reason I automatically took my Sertraline again when I was taking my night time pregabalin dose. So instead of 200mg Sertraline, I have taken 400mg Sertraline in total today. 200mg at morning and 200mg at night. It was over 12 hours since I took the morning dose though.

Ive read the effects of overdose and I am looking out for them but my anxiety isnt that good anyway so I don't know if I am anxious because of my anxiety or anxious because of the Sertraline.

I don't want to go to hospital, my family are in bed and dad just got home from hospital yesterday after being in for almost a month because he has been ill so I really don't want to wake them.

Am I freaking out over nothing or is it really serious, I am scared in case I die because of this. Has anyone else ever taken too much by accident and were you ok?

venusbluejeans
21-06-18, 00:03
it should be fine as it is a one off you taking this amount... if you are worried call 111 and see what they say

KK77
21-06-18, 00:34
You would need to take far more than 400mg to overdose, but as Emmz says, call 111 if you are worried or get unusual symptoms.

vicky23
22-06-18, 09:31
I've also done this and freaked out so much my parents took me to A and E to reassure me. The nurse looked at me and was like 'eh you'll be fine' gave me a right fright though especially because the leaflet gives such dire warnings about overdose.
Hope you're feeling just fine today
XXX

littleme92
01-07-18, 21:57
Thanks for the replies :)

I just remembered that I read them but never logged in to thank you for replying. I was fine like you all said I would be.

venusbluejeans
01-07-18, 22:32
Thank you for getting back to us :) it is always good to have follow up of a post :)