PDA

View Full Version : IBS, bug or food intolerance?

Angelai
21-06-18, 08:32
Please help if you can - I have severe emetophobia and my current symptoms are terrifying me. I was diagnosed with IBS 21 years ago, and thought I had experienced all it could throw at me.

Two days ago, I had sudden sharp pain across the top of my stomach, right across right to left. It felt like when you get bad gas pains, but high up across ribs. It was only brief, but followed by that familiar fizzing sensation lower right abdomen. I felt a little queasy for the rest of the day, and had the pain again, briefly, in the evening. Normal BM (unusual in itself!). I also had some pelvic crampy pain. Yesterday, I felt ok. This morning, cramps, full of gas, and possibly the worst d that I've ever had. I very rarely get d, actually. I'm usually c, with occasional 'looser' (so sorry if TMI).

I think this episode started after eating a pouch of microwave long grain rice. I was seriously bloated within half an hour - that was Monday night, the rest started Tuesday morning. I used to eat a lot of this stuff, it has traditionally been my go-to when my belly is playing up. The last 6 months or so, though, I have been getting badly bloated with it.

Last night, in defiance, I had some pasta salad, potato salad, celery and humous. I have hardly been having any meals, just crisps and chocolate, a pizza once a week, a cheese sandwich last weekend... most things I eat disagree with me. I'd had enough and WANTED the salad pots.

Could it be that the rice was the first problem, then, because I was probably still inflamed, last night's choice of food has ravaged me? Could it be some bug? This thought terrifies me because of emetophobia :-(

The last bit of possibly important info is that I got myself incredibly stressed and upset the night before last over a work-related issue. This was after the first symptoms, though.

I know it's not possible to be sure if I have a bug, but I would be really grateful for any thoughts?

Thanks for reading x

AnxiousRN
21-06-18, 09:58
I would say it is just gas or trapped gas. Looking at all the food you ate... am quite sure it is just that. Try a warm compress over your tummy for a few minutes.

Angelai
21-06-18, 19:59
Thanks for replying. Just to clarify - I didn't eat all that food in one go or one day, it was over the last week.

I am now acid-y, and feel like I'm having period/labour pains - even though I no longer have the bits required for either :-/