PDA

View Full Version : Fatigue Not Going Away

Trbfan
21-06-18, 08:48
So has anyone else experienced this?

I've had anxiety for about 8 years, but 3 of the last 4 months were absolutely horrendous, every day panic attacks, constant nausea, tension, vertigo, sick feeling, weakness, tremors, etc. Finally about 3 weeks ago it began easing up. I began getting better. I can now get through most of the day feeling kinda ok..but I'm still having an issue that continues bringing anxiety back.

Even though my anxiety went down drastically, I still feel extremely fatigued all of the time. I feel like I can hardly do anything physical at all without being weak, shaky, tired, etc. I still get the light tremor/shaky sensations occasionally, even doing very small tasks I will start feeling wiped out, start worrying about passing out etc.

There have been improvement, but I'd say im only really feeling 30-40% of what I should be, the symptoms are a little better, but are in no means good and it keeps this thought in the back of my mind that "ok, my anxiety is much better why cant I feel good"..or even feel ok really. Im really not sure what else I can do to feel better, does it really take weeks like this recover? I feel like I see people bounce back quicker.

tom1984
21-06-18, 11:56
Have you considered how much that stress and tension drained your body and mind?

Fighting all day to stay up running.

Anxiety and stress drains all your energy.

Accept that and give your body some rest.
Sleep enough, relax, workout, eat healty, take some multi vitamins and you will be fine.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

ankietyjoe
21-06-18, 12:04
Can take months.

Make sure you're eating properly, don't over exert yourself (walking is enough for exercise - which is still important), make sure you get enough rest/sleep and don't start over worrying about the fatigue.

Where do you see people bounce back quicker? Persistent fatigue is so common as to be almost mandatory for people who have suffered prolonged anxiety.

swajj
21-06-18, 14:07
You have had anxiety for 8 years. During the last few months it has been severe. I’m sorry but if you think that in a few weeks you will be anxiety free you are fooling yourself. To be honest your post sounds like that of someone whose mind is completely consumed with anxious thoughts. Your tiredness isn’t a result of something being wrong with you physically. It’s the result of your tortured mind. Are you seeing a therapist? Recovery is possible. I know because I am recovered.

Trbfan
21-06-18, 19:58
I didnt expect to be anxiety free at all. I know that takes time. I just expected there to be more physical improvements.

As far as bouncing back quicker, some people I know from groups, and other pretty good friends I've had that struggled badly for awhile, always seemed to back to normal pretty quick after they started feeling better, now..their anxiety wasnt as severe as mine was for those 3 months im sure, so its probably not the best comparison.

Andrash
22-06-18, 07:08
I didnt expect to be anxiety free at all. I know that takes time. I just expected there to be more physical improvements.

As far as bouncing back quicker, some people I know from groups, and other pretty good friends I've had that struggled badly for awhile, always seemed to back to normal pretty quick after they started feeling better, now..their anxiety wasnt as severe as mine was for those 3 months im sure, so its probably not the best comparison.

But there are. You said it yourself - every other symptom (nausea, panic attacks, vertigo etc) except fatigue subsided. I would say that is a marked improvement.

Trbfan
22-06-18, 09:47
I guess so..Mentally I'd say theres a good sized improvement..Not back to normal obviously, but I can atleast function lol. Physically I just want things to go back to normal, I wanna be able to move, dance, excersize for more than 3 seconds without feeling weird or sick lol. Even the smaller stuff like gaming I wanna get back to not having to worry while doing it.

Though its better I still do get nausea, tension, and vertigo a lot..the vertigo is annoying because it also stops me from things a little, but I believe its coming from my neck..which has obviously been made much worse by anxiety.

ankietyjoe
22-06-18, 09:49
Vertigo is most often caused by muscle tension, which in turn causes aches, pains and fatigue.

Get out and go for walks, every day. Walking encourages your body into production energy and serotonin etc.

Fuel your exercise with good food. Eat fruit and veg, lots of it. Drink water, lots of it. Cut out all the crap food.

After 8 years of anxiety, it will take you a long time to build back up again.

Trbfan
23-06-18, 10:18
For sure, I believe most of my vertigo is caused by my neck. I get a lot of neck tension, I also have TMJ which im sure complicates things. I do eat pretty well luckily, my diet is pretty good. I usually only drink water, and a little milk.

I've had this weird feel of passing out a lot too for some reason, and I think that also fuels some things, because my mind seems to go to that when I feel funny at all.