PDA

View Full Version : Health anxiety about others?

Emc
21-06-18, 08:53
I致e been struggling with terrible health anxiety for a few months now. I知 on medication & am seeing a psychologist. There has been some improvement & i知 Better able to rationalise my worries about myself.
What i知 Finding much more difficult is coping with anxiety about my children. I keep thinking that my health anxiety is related to me and my health & not about them so any worries I have about them are therefore rational & need action.
At the moment i知 really worried about my 7yo daughter. She痴 had a discharge down below for a couple of weeks - saw GP - said it was common in little girls - did swabs & prescribed a cream. Problem is the cream doesn稚 seem to be working & the swab came back negative. So that made me very anxious that something else more worrying (cancer specifically). Today she痴 got a sore tummy & has vomited twice & i知 Now completely panicking. Going to try to get a GP appointment when they open but i知 Scared.
I知 also scared of her becoming affected by my anxiety but at the same time i知 Terrified of not acting on the worry in case it痴 right.
Help?