PDA

View Full Version : Waiting on ibs results and losing it

LouiseAndy
21-06-18, 10:13
Waiting on Ibs and pain

Bascislly I've had test done to test for IBS? Like I've said before. I've had a ultrasound (they thought gallstones), ct scan (when they couldn't find gallstones) . All came back clear and good.

I'm waiting for the results on a stool sample and they stool some bloods? They didn't tell me for what? I have to wait for those results till the end of summer.

So the issue, I get propbaly all the ibs issues. Lots of pain in stomach (to many different areas to count but mainly the left side upper and lower). Horrible back pain.

But what put me off the most, is the last few days my stool has been gone like a golden brown color? Like I dont know if I would call it yellow but it would put me on edge. The stool has been a bit harder then normally but no blood that I can see but a bit of mucus every now and again.

I've tried to use therapy reasoning. Saying that my Pancras and all them were checked out only recently but my mind is gone into a bad place. Like I keep thing there's a lump in my Stomach. In the lower left side. That makes me very nervous. I only noticed it recently also. Yet if it was there viable or not yet surely they would have seen something?

I think waiting on the results since April is the worst. I have no idea why I have to wait that long. I know not to contact my gp because she would only tell me to wait it out.

AnxiousRN
21-06-18, 10:20
We are on the same boat. I've been having upper and lower left abdominal pains since beginning of 2017. All clear. Sometimes I my HA would be at bay and sometimes I am trembling in fear that I may have something. And it caused me a great deal of pain. Because of stressing myself too much, Ive had recurrent pain, colon spasms, hard stools and eventually the dreaded anal fissures. So my advice to you is dont be like me. Just relax. Sometimes my stool is yellow, sometimes brown. But I discovered it is because of what I eat. When I eat meat, I usually have brown stools. As long as your stools are not gray white or black, dont fuss on it. I use to check my stools a lot. Now, I dont even look at it. I just flush immediately. It helps my anxiety.

LouiseAndy
21-06-18, 10:42
We are on the same boat. I've been having upper and lower left abdominal pains since beginning of 2017. All clear. Sometimes I my HA would be at bay and sometimes I am trembling in fear that I may have something. And it caused me a great deal of pain. Because of stressing myself too much, Ive had recurrent pain, colon spasms, hard stools and eventually the dreaded anal fissures. So my advice to you is dont be like me. Just relax. Sometimes my stool is yellow, sometimes brown. But I discovered it is because of what I eat. When I eat meat, I usually have brown stools. As long as your stools are not gray white or black, dont fuss on it. I use to check my stools a lot. Now, I dont even look at it. I just flush immediately. It helps my anxiety.

Thank you so much for replying. It's just a lot. Like I'm on the brink of crying. I don't have any support. My Mam tells me she wants me to her and when I do she just snaps at me and says that it's not that bad or I'm making it all up. Like it's all so difficult to deal with already and having so support makes me feel so much worse. After work yesterday I asked the pharmacy person if there was any pain refile I could take and she just shrugged then said I had to ride it out.

I know people have it worse but I feel alone and I'm always worrying which isn't helpful at all! I hope you find the answers to your problems!

LouiseAndy
21-06-18, 17:23
A bit of a tmi question but is ibs worse just before your cycle starts? I'm due my period in about a week.

The stomach pain is some of the worst I've ever felt (mainly on the left side. My back is also in bits and my stool keeps changing). and that's putting my anixety on high alert. Thinking that there's something sinster missed or something about about to go wrong. Yet no one wants to listen to me in my day to day like and feel so alone.

Angelai
21-06-18, 19:55
Mine was always worse before monthlies, when I still had them. Actually, I just remembered going to the doctor about the awful pains even AFTER hysterectomy - it felt, as I told him, like I was in labour. My pain has always been much worse on the left side, particularly very low down, and was aggravated by my cycle.

LouiseAndy
21-06-18, 22:08
Mine was always worse before monthlies, when I still had them. Actually, I just remembered going to the doctor about the awful pains even AFTER hysterectomy - it felt, as I told him, like I was in labour. My pain has always been much worse on the left side, particularly very low down, and was aggravated by my cycle.

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply! Yet I'm so sorry you had to go through pain like that it sounds so awful!

My stomach feels rather tender on the left side now, low down by the bellybutton it feels worse when you push on it or when I move certain ways.
I went into the pharmacy this evening on the way home because I couldn't bare it. They gave me Buscopan and sent me on my way. I've taken two lots of it since they "within the allowed lotted time." It doesn't really help yet? Maybe it takes time! The pain in the lower side is still awful just like I said above.

My heart rate seems to be faster and more noticeable since taking the Buscopan? This is probably my anxiety but I can't cope and I don't want to read the side effects because I get every single of them after doing that.

Also to add:I just had to rush to the toilet and tmi the stool all came out as soft and funny as possible (bascislly dihera). Sorry for posting here so much. I just feel so lost and alone.

---------- Post added at 21:00 ---------- Previous post was at 20:14 ----------

Someone, please? I had no idea IBS could be this painfully and nothing seems to help. I've had pain before but nothing ever like this. My mind is thinking off all those horrible cancers or tumors again. Like I know the test should have ruled that out but my mind won't seem to listen to reason tonight.

---------- Post added at 22:08 ---------- Previous post was at 21:00 ----------

The tablets aren't helping at all... I suppose they might take a few days but my anixety isn't calming at all.

LouiseAndy
22-06-18, 15:52
A reaction to me looking at my posting yesterday: https://breslin7706.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/michael-in-branch-closing-michael-scott-1468602-1280-720.jpg?w=1024

While going through a massive...break of some kind. I'm still alive! My stomach is still in bits today but I've really been thinking over and over again what of what IBS really is. That I can't spend forever worrying about the worst, but clealry that's going to make whatever my IBS is worst.

Still the same as yesterday, pain mainly in the left side both upper and downer but my stool seems okay enough? I went to work today and I'm going to start a food dairy and stuff. Try to be pro-active somewhat about this and stop thinking about all these cancers and such!

LouiseAndy
23-06-18, 03:18
Another update it seems:

It's 3.17 am here and I can't sleep. I'm taking the tablets like they said but they don't seem to help. I'm having horrible stomach and back pain. It feels so awful. It makes me doubt so much that's what wrong but I had the tests so that should be something.

Anyone got any natural ways to help with this suffering? Please?