PDA

View Full Version : FLOATERS

Potter86
21-06-18, 15:16
Last couple of days i have developed stringy cobweb type floaters in my left eye,each time i move my eye there in my vision,i visited the ophamologist who checked the eye and said was nothing to worry about.do these floaters fade?do they break up?or do i have to get used to them there very annoying

Ryzinn
21-06-18, 18:25
You kinda just have to get used to them. It's hard to distract yourself from them when they're constantly there, especially during the daytime outside for example, but if you can do it that's about the only way to really "get rid" of them.

I've been fixated on mine for a while now and finally have just accepted that they're always gonna be there. I think some of it is just because i'm getting older but also I fixated some of my HA on my eyes last year and yeah.. Went to the eye doctor too, he said the same thing yours did.

Just try and stop worrying about it. Unless you go blind, you're fine.

ThroatGoat
21-06-18, 20:27
You kinda just have to get used to them. It's hard to distract yourself from them when they're constantly there, especially during the daytime outside for example, but if you can do it that's about the only way to really "get rid" of them.

I've been fixated on mine for a while now and finally have just accepted that they're always gonna be there. I think some of it is just because i'm getting older but also I fixated some of my HA on my eyes last year and yeah.. Went to the eye doctor too, he said the same thing yours did.

Just try and stop worrying about it. Unless you go blind, you're fine.

There's a lovely comment to leave on an anxiety forum. :doh:

I had the cobweb floaters too at one point recently, thought I'd actually walked through a cobweb when they were happening! Really weird feeling, but not worth worrying about too much. :yesyes:

conan
22-06-18, 09:54
they may go away, or they may hang around. i have a few very visible ones that went from OMG BRAIN TUMOUR to ugh these are kind of annoying to *never* noticing them any more. but some people's break up and disappear completely.

Sleepy
22-06-18, 10:38
When my anxiety was unmedicated I became a bit obsessed with floaters. Now it's under control I don't see them any more.

melfish
23-06-18, 01:16
When my anxiety was unmedicated I became a bit obsessed with floaters. Now it's under control I don't see them any more.

What medication are you on, Sleepy?