PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone

sade
28-07-07, 10:17
Hi everyone,

feels a bit weird writting this, wasn't really aware of how many people suffer with the same problems. I first started suffering from anxiety in October and it seemed to just come out of the blue, i'd been in university for two years and was a completly out going person who loved going out with my friends. In the last 9 months i've had really good months where i've been able to go out and then really bad times, the hardest thing I find is that I remember all the things I used to do and now I cant, but trying too!!! I've recently worked out that my main problem is the fear, I'm scared of it therefore it stops me doing things.

I'm in the process of going through CBT and trying lots of diferent methods of dealing with it and getting better. I am really lucky to have family and friends who understand and dont push me into doing things I dont feel comfortable with, but it would be really nice to talk to people who are going through the same thing.
xxx

Lindalou64
28-07-07, 12:33
Welcome Sade,
Good To Hear You Have Support At Home Also...im Sure You Will Find Lots On Info And Support Here..wish Ya The Best.......linda

prism
28-07-07, 13:52
Hiya Sade,

welcome to NMP.You are amongst friends here.

prism

nomorepanic
28-07-07, 14:40
Sade

Welcome aboard and you are certainly not alone on here.

Good to hear about the CBT - that will really help you.

trac67
28-07-07, 14:41
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

manmoor
29-07-07, 11:55
Hi Sade,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

groovygranny
29-07-07, 12:14
Hello sade:welcome:to you!

I was bowled over when I first found the site too - and was very comforted to know I was not alone!

Yep, a supportive family and friends network is invaluable - but I find there's nothing like talking to people who understand first hand!

And there are plenty here!

Pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

Southern_Belle
29-07-07, 18:44
Hi Sade,

Welcome to NMP. You will be amazed at how many feel like you do and the support you will receive.

Laura :)

Pink Princess
31-07-07, 12:44
hey welcome aboard, hope you settle in and make good friends here take kare xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

CarpeDiem
31-07-07, 23:01
:) Hi Sade :)

I'm new to the site too & was as surprised as you how welcoming & willing to share everyone is! I'm also gutted everytime I think about all the things I used to do with ease that now feel like the hardest thing in the world. But just think, had you not started to suffer with anxiety, you'd never have got this glimpse into how compassionate & encouraging your fellow human beings can be! Thats got to be a blessing in disguise!
:bighug1:
Take care, CarpeDiem xxxxxx