PDA

View Full Version : Smells, can anybody relate? 7 month worry . .

helenhoo
22-06-18, 11:30
I'm really not looking at getting into argument or anything but wondered if anybody else had a fear of phantom smells/adamant that is what they had? its nearing 7 months now and I'm still jumpy with any smokey type smell. I want to enjoy rest of my pregnancy eithout seeking out source of smell or seeking reassurance. SEVEN MONTHS! 9 times out 10 whoever I'm with smells whatever I'm smelling and panicked abouy. It's smokey be it bbq, bonfire , cigs, matches ect.

Anybody worried this long about a certain something?

NancyW
22-06-18, 13:39
I've had phantom smells for the last several years, it's a non issue, if it was, I'd be dead. (Actually you would be too if yours was caused by a brain tumor)

This is the 3rd time I'm asking... how's your pregnancy going?

helenhoo
22-06-18, 22:51
At friends house and it has a distinct smell. I got string whiffs but its her houses smell. Twice on drive home my friend was like 'I SMELL IT' before I even asked her...

and pregnancy is going well, 9 weeks left now. Achey and tired and hungry but constant nausea and today was unbearable in heat (23 degrees in uk is hot for me lol)

Catherine S
22-06-18, 23:01
Twenty three degrees in the UK is hot for me too Helen lol, but my reasons are different to yours...i'm at t'other end of the hormonal nightmare, menopause. But i'm happy for you that your pregnancy is nearing the end and you'll have your baby soon. You've done really well these past months despite the Phanthom smells...which some of us get and others don't and that's life i'm afraid. Do you know if you're having a boy or a girl?

Cath ☺ x